Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a float sat or Sunday either 7th or 8th looking for evening on 7th and early morning 8th let me know

·
Just practicing my cast
4,706 Posts
where at on the koko

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starts in mt. Vernon and runs to walhonding river. Wife informed me she works sat night so that day is out all together only have Sunday morning till 10

·
Just practicing my cast
4,706 Posts
can't do sunday I have to fish with mike at dillion.

·
Kokosing River Rocks!!!
57 Posts
koko is a little on the low side right now. lots of draggin and walkn towards vernon. but from gambier to millwood it has been pretty populated with tubers, swimmers and loud annoying people, lol.

·
Kokosing River Rocks!!!
57 Posts
we need a rain bad on the ol river, but keep me in mind next time ya wanna take a float, there is still some good rod action to be found on the river, still some nice deep holes to be fished.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went sunday didn't catch much son caught a nice fat rock bass by the old dam area by 62 bridge and I had a 6in shiner explode on a top water bait. We moved to Riley Chapel and 2 guys were walking out with some smallies they had caught I was kinda disgusted by it but it is what it is we didn't do worth a darn here so went home.

·
Kokosing River Rocks!!!
57 Posts
well, it's pouring down rain today, hopefully that will bring up the water levels, cause I am seeing islands where there use to never be islands. fishing should improve now:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
well, it's pouring down rain today, hopefully that will bring up the water levels, cause I am seeing islands where there use to never be islands. fishing should improve now:)
Yea we need a week of good rain to raise this river up. Waded last night near Howard and it is extremely low. Some areas just above my ankles to maybe knee deep. Been a long time since I have seen it this low. Any rain would be appreciated Lord!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I lived in Howard when I was 5, my dad was a school teacher there, hmm 51 years ago I caught my first fish on the koko where the train bridge and that creek comes in. A tree limb with about 5 feet of line bobber and a worm! Big old sunfish just about broke that branch! A cane pole would have been high tech!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts