close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kodiak Island, Alaska

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by triton175, Jun 22, 2007.

1. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I'm leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks in Alaska, including one week fishing at a wilderness lodge on Kodiak Island. We will be fishing the rivers for pink & king salmon and the ocean for halibut & kings.
    This is the trip of a lifetime, three years to plan and save money.
    I'll post a full report and some pics when we get back.
    Brian

2. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

[​IMG] This is why you go to Alaska enough said.Don`t forget the bug repelent.I also cought a 125lb halibut on my last trip.There is to much to do and to much to see in one trip.But this time of the year it stays light all day so get your moneys worth you can sleep when you get home.

3. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

i hope it all is a :B success.

4. FISHONAJ

FISHONAJ wishin i was fishin

Like fisharder said ~ maybe you'll catch one like our avatars :D

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Got back yesterday after 2 weeks in Alaska. Saw lots of sights and wildlife, bears, moose, wolf, etc. Fishing on Kodiak was a great experience. Caught a lot of halibut (largest 50lbs), some red & pink salmon, no kings because they weren't running yet. Caught a variety of fish too including a 25lb octopus and a couple of rays, one 4ft across the other 3 feet. Will post pix when I get them loaded.

6. I'm leaving Aug 7th for 2 weeks in Kodiak. My uncle was stationed at the Kodiak Coast Guard station for 8 years and he's comming up with me. He says he knows the fishing there extrememly well so I got pretty high hopes for my trip. :)