close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

knox

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassmaniac, May 26, 2007.

1. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

If anyone knows, I was there today bass fishing and was wandering why some of the bass have black ink looking splotches on them.

2. I've seen that there before in years past. Seen it at O'Shay too. Not sure what it is, though...

3. I've seen it at Knox and in this time of year I've noticed it at other locations. I wonder if it has something to do the spawn?
    By the way, how was the fishing for ya there today?

4. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

Wasn't too bad, caught about 10 or so, biggest being 17" . Everything I caught was above the flats, water seemed a little cleaner up there.

5. Great day at Knox today. Two of us caught and released 23 bass. Most caught on jig with worm or swimming chunk trailer with slow retrieve. Fish were close to shore at various places on the lake.

6. jigger69

jigger69 Bambi slayer

are there bass still on there beds??they were everywhere when I was up there the other day

7. I was there on Tuesday and it was a little slower for me. Caught six and all were up close to the bank until the wind died and the sun burned a hole in my hat. At that point I rigged for deeper water, caught a couple more and then headed for some air conditioning.

8. Today was probably my best single day at Knox for a combination of size and numbers. 20 bass (plus a bonus cat) including and 18" and 19"er, and quite 15"ers. There was little they weren't hitting at one point or another -- I only struck out on the buzzbait. Most came on lipless cranks or shallow cranks, but I also got one on a spinnerbait and on various types of soft plastics. The biggest came on a finesse floating worm on a Slider head -- photo below. There was a really slow time from about 11am until the storm hit, but the start of the day and the end of the day were spectacular.

Hey Jinkrott, did I talk to you today? I'm the guy in the red/white Skeeter. Tredder, sorry you weren't able to make it today. The heat and humidity up until the rain was oppressive, but the rain seemed to cool if off just a bit...

[​IMG]

chip

9. Gotta hate hearing reports like that, lol. Those kind of days are what keeps me motivated to drive the extra distance. Love the pic; all you need is a couple of sponsor decals on the shirt and by holding that healthy looking fish I'd swear that was the cover page of Bassmasters.
    We'll have to hook up in the next week or so to see about duplicating the day you had.

10. Hahahahahaha! Yeah, maybe for an article on shooting fish in a barrel. It would have been hard not to get into some nice fish yesterday given everything they were hitting...

11. jigger69

jigger69 Bambi slayer

I guess I'll head up in the morn.,if the weather permits,what did you start out out throwing,and what did you get your first fish on??a sliderhead is that the same as shakeyhead??

12. First fish was on a spinnerbait. The soft plastics came in once the sun burned through the clouds and got up a bit.

A Slider head is a brand of weedless worm head -- not exactly shakey head, but similar function. I think it was initially developed to eliminate the need for a slip sinker -- basically, a Texas-rigged worm hook with the weight build in. See:

http://www.cabelas.com/spodw-1/0044232.shtml

chip

13. DrChip, we were in a red and grey tracker and fished the middle part of the lake from about 11 AM 'till around 5:00. I think we may have seen your boat, but I don't think we talked today. It was a great day to be there!