close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knox

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by capt-hook, Jul 4, 2004.

1. The Shad are up at Knox. At least 1000 per acre or there abouts.
    Bass are full of them. Fished Friday from 4pm til 9pm and managed six
    16--18" seemed like a reaction bite. oh! and one channel cat on a art. worm. Had to work really hard for a bite. Found them very tight to lay down logs, using plas. worm. Same report from other boaters. Hey, Fish For Fun, how long will this condition last ? :mad: Or is there a pattern I don`t know about ? AND, :D deputy dog (Knox county sheriff) was on the scene
    checking boats at 9pm. Not in the water but on the drive and writing
    up boaters for I don`t know what. He must really be dedicated or
    just wanting a lot of over time for the old pay check :cool: .
    tight lines to all: Capt. Hook

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Not sure about that patteren but i wished it would stop the last 2 times over there has been slow going i saw all the shad as well and got the same reports from all other boaters about the bite being tough.

3. that's a common knox pattern i've found. I call it suspended tight to cover. It should generally end when water temp starts to drop. I'll be there early this thurs taking gonzo out for his b-day. I've never been checked by a county-mounty or anyone there over my countless times there. I'll hopefully be able to let you boys in on a secret bait 4 that pattern, but won't know 4 sure till thurs.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I was out today from noon until 6pm boated dozen small ones most all came off logs and they were right on the logs when they did. others came about half way to the boat. All came off crankbait. Talked to alot of other people most of whom were not haveing any great success. Lady caught a decent one at the ramp while she was waiting for her husband to bring the trailer. She caught it on a worm. Lake is little stained water temps range 80 to 84. It was windy and hot out there today.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Oh ya your county-mountys were out agian today. they have been there alot lately

6. really? i wonder why. Other than the occasional sherriff drive-by, i've never seen them. glad i got that new fire extinguisher monday.

7. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

was out there a couple weeks ago you know when you see them the first thing you do is run a check list in your head to make sure your legal and ofcourse you always forget something this time i forgot the PFD's in the truck ops luckly they didnt want to come on to the cove i was sitting in and they just motored by. As soon as they were gone buzzed back to the ramp to get them....That was a near Ticket and embarasment.

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

hit knox today it was slow going agian as with alot of others i talked to. The shad were everywere and the bass were going crazy early in the morning but not much action. Rainer whats that secret weapon?

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Went to knox today from 5pm until 9pm managed to boat 4 fish small and lost a nice one at the boat. All fish came of culprit worm. agianst the bank. Water temp was 76 degrees, water color normal slight stain. Level is down a little but not much. I plan to hit the lake for some night time LM if weather holds i will go out sunday night. Oh ya your county-mountys were out agian today. I think they checked every boat i saw on the water. stopped by me i told them i had sticker they said ok looked at it and took my name and oh ya ran over my cove and disturbed all my dang fish. Its a good cove that usually produces but not after they came through.

10. I went that thursday and we managed nine bass. B-day boy caught the biggest one early. About a 2 1/2 pounder. No biguns for the secret weapon. So, no secret pattern to inform anyone about.

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

roger that i stuck with my plan and didn't do bad. The one i lost was right at 2lb i would guess. He jumped at the boat. I didn't have a good hook set he hit when i was messing with the trolling motor.