close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knox Update

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tredder, May 21, 2007.

1. 05/21/07: Surface temp ranged between 63-66 degrees. We were there from first light till about 7:00 PM. Didn't even want to leave then cause we were having a great time. Many in the two pound range and lots of small bass. It was amazing to see the flat heat up and catch them one cast after another. We just looked for the shad popping, then cast rattletraps in that general direction and Bam! Also did well on creature baits and jigs. Talked with several other fisherman who were doing well by pulling DT-6's across the ledges along with jerk baits along the shore.
    Although 13 hours and a steady wind just about emptied the charge in my trolling batteries and it took a while to get back, it was one of our better days on the water.

2. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Sounds like a great day on Knox. I went there for the first time on Saturday. We managed 4 bass in about 4 hours. The biggest came in at 3lbs even. I was impressed with the amount of fish being caught around me. I understand it was a weekend day but man there was alot of pressure out there. Everyone I saw bassin did so jigging soft plastics.

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

way to go man, i have not had a chance to get on there bass fishing this year with all the tournament stuff

4. When people talk about the "flats" on knox, is that the end of lake with the stumps that is around 3' and under on depth?

5. Although that stump area may be considered "flats", most people are probably talking about the flats that are at about the mid-point of the lake on the south shore. There are a a few different flats, but I like the one that's just west of the point, out in front of the largest cove. It's large and has a deeper channel running through it.