Knox question ?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by capt-hook, Oct 20, 2007.

1. hey DR. Chip or any of you people that get up there regularly
    any thing happening this past week ?
    Water temp. and clarity ????????
    thumb is itching to feather a cast for some L M.:D

capt Hook

2. Sorry, haven't been up there in about a month. But, I'll be interested in hearing. I know Tredder likes to be up there this time of year -- maybe he's got some current info...

chip

3. The bite is ON!!! I've not had the chance to get there more than a couple times in October, but I did well on Saturday. Check out the flats when the sun comes out in the afternoon and don't forget your rattletraps. I've also been catching them up shallow in the wood pretty well with dark-colored worms and jigs. Water temp was 65 on Saturday afternoon. Let us know how ya do.

4. Went to Knox on Tuesday with my dad for our final outing of the year. We caught 20 bass, hooked and lost another 6. We caught fish on buzzbaits all day, crankbaits and a few on worms. Launched the boat around 9 and fished in the rain all day. We had a blast, but didn't catch a fish over 14 inches all day. Most all the fish we caught were off the banks, but on the flats in 3-4 feet of water. Any time you can spend a day with your almost 60 year old father is reason enough to fish.

5. ccc

ccc

been throwing a buzz bait for a month on knox without a hit . what color works best for you? thanks ccc

6. We were using white and silver. I think the key is the size. I use 1/8 oz pro buzz, get em at Wal Mart for 2 bucks. I was using a larger one, but once the oldman caught 4 on the little one, I changed. Even caught a couple on chartruse. Hope this helps.

7. Sounds like a great day on the water, not only with your dad, but slaying the fish too. Can't ask for a better deal than that.