close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

knox marine,thank you!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jeffmo, Jun 4, 2007.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

well,after shorting out some wiring on my boat a few weeks back(and feeling completely stupid about doing it!),i finally got it into the shop at knox marine and got it fixed today.
    their shop is a bit of a drive for me(around 95 miles one way)but it was really worth it.they scheduled me in for a service appointment at 11:00 am and actually got started early on it.
    they chased down the bad wiring,replaced it,checked all of the other wiring(including the motor) to make sure that it was okay, then hooked the hose up to the motor and ran it just to be sure that it was charging.
    after that they wired up my marine radio with quick disconnects(even did it so even I couldn't hook it up backwards!!!) so i can remove it from the boat.
    besides the very friendly service,the cost was great! the total charge was only $112!!!:)
    i had contacted another shop here in central ohio and was told that they would look at it but there would be a 3 HOUR MINIMUM SERVICE CHARGE on it(@ $90 an hour!).i had no problem with the hourly rate but the 3 hour minimum really irked me.
    anyway,i may not spend alot of money each year having my boat serviced but from now on knox marine will be the ones doing the work.they have a customer for life!
    thanks guys!!!

2. You won't find any better boat dealer. The folks at Knox Marine are great to deal with. I have bought three boats from them. I bought a Hydra Sports 175E new in 1995. I now own a 1998 Champion 203 bass boat and a 2007 Lowe Roughneck 1652 duck boat that both came from Knox Marine. All three boats were very well rigged and clean upon delivery. I have been with Knox Marine for 12 years. The service and support has been exceptional. All of the guys at Knox Marine hunt and fish. Yea, they actually use and have experience with the boats that they sell and service. The salesmen are also certified to perform as boat mechanics. You won’t find that at one of the ski boat shops in Columbus trying to sell fishing boats.

3. where they at?? might need a honest dealer some day/

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

bounty,they're a few miles outside of fredericktown right on knox lake.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

drove from cleveland to buy my boat there. and a used motor. a month later they replaced my vro unit for free even though i had no warranty on it. good deal on the boat motor package too.the fact that they schedule service appointment is one of the best deals around only took them 45 minutes for the vro replacement while i waited.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Everything you hear on this post is true. I grew up just up the street from Knox Marine and the guys there are outstanding. Top Notch and great service no doubt. I highly recommend them for boats, service all your needs. And if you ask about anybody they will tell you the same.

Here is a link to there web page with directions:
    http://www.knoxmarine-ltd.com/index_012.htm

7. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Great guys and great service, just go there 1 time and you will see what great service is all about.