close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knox Lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Chapy, Sep 23, 2004.

1. I'm thinking of heading up there this Sat. & was wondering about the water level & condition after recent rains.Any help is apprecieated.
    Chapy

2. I have not been up to Knox Lake but I live downstream 15 minutes. I am sure that the lake level is fine since we pretty much missed out on the big rains. The Kokosing River which comes from up that way was never hardly muddy. I am not sure of conditions other than that. I know that when I was up a few weeks ago the shad were extremely thick and I imagine they still are.

Good luck to you.

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I went out the other day (tuesday) lake level is fine, water was a little more stained than useuall but should be fine. It was 48 degrees that morning and the water temp was 65 that morning and heated up to the low 70 by noon. I managed 4 small bass off of small spinner bait i did have some nice strikes that i missed slow rolling them from the and letting it drop some at the edge of drop offs. The shad moved back in once the sun came up and got hot. Good luck questions let me know.

4. F4F
    I'm back! Just got in about 6:00AM this morning,I've been driving all night,so I got to get some sleep.I'll let you in on everything when I get up.By the way,I don't have to go back to work until Thursday,we need to get together and hook up on some bass.I'll drop you a line later today.

5. :D Are you guys gonna be there Mon or Tues ?
    Thinking about some time for me to fish! :cool:
    been very busy.
    Got some ideas how to fool mr bass up there. :rolleyes:

Capt. Hook

6. :D Went to Knox today. Done my usual 8-10
    small fish. (12 to 15 inches) a good day alone
    and peaceful. Seen only two boats on the lake.
    One trolling from a pontoon and another. Gave
    the gentle man in the second boat a card I made
    up about O.S.F. with address to this site. He was
    having about the same luck as I. Also seen and
    shot with a camera the best fisherman you can
    meet. <see attached photo>. oops
    as soon as i can down size to 39kb which equals
    how many pixels? HELP

Capt. Hook :rolleyes:

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

iam heading out now i will let you know how goes. if you need help with photo pm me and you can send it to me or i think you can load it to the site using the photo gallery upload page don't think there is a size limit.

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Slow day 2 small ones and that was it will give it a try agian soon. It was little cold and windy water temps were 65 when i put in and only 68 when i left at noon.

9. Wow, those water temps sound a bit lower than I have been seeing but I have been on Apple Valley and it is much deeper. I have not been out since last Thursday and it was still 74 in the evening. I am headed out again tonight. I am guessing from those temps that we will really notice a drop. Hopefully that gets some fish excited.;)

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ya i agree we should see the fall turn on fishing soon.

11. Jerry,

I may be making a trip or two up there in the next few weeks to Knox, expecially if I start hearing things picking up a bit. Knox is a pretty shallow lake. Does it have much of a thermocline? And if so when will it break or did it already? I imagine that affects your approach up there.

12. :p Went to knox this morning caught 6 bass largest was 19 inchs.
    The biggest thrill was a 3.10 lb. catfish on a ultralight,using a drop shot
    with a small superdo and on 4lb.line.
    So all in all had a good morning.

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

sounds like a good day MJ did you pick up all the bass using the drop shot set up. Just curious as i haven't done that out there this yr and almost did when i went the other day but didn't

14. I caught 1 bass on the dropshot the rest I caught on a worm.