close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knox Lake?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by stu1019, May 9, 2004.

1. Have any of you guys ever been down to Knox Lake? I've heard its supposed to be one of the best LM lakes in the state. I have also heard that its muddy right now and that it is very very crowded. I am thinking about heading down to this lake on wendsday so Im hoping that it isnt that crowded that day. Any truth to these?

Anything else on this lake would be greatly appreciated.

Stu........

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Check the central thread guy just posted on there thats were you will see most info on knox. I live 5 min from it, Its a great lake, yes it does get a lot of pressure but you should be fine on wed, they have a thur night bass tourny there.

3. I fished Knox for the first time Sat (for 14 hours). I could only see my black/chartruese jig down to about 6", especially in the stump field. Made the stump field fun in my 10 raft. Like I said, I don't know the lake or how fast it clears up, but I can tell you I didn't see a weed in the lake (to filter the mud).

You should go anyway though....

4. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Are you guys seeing the carp spawning or even up in the swallows over there? :)

5. I saw carp all over in the shallows flopping around. Mostly on eastern side of the stump cove.

Oh, and I always wondered, do carp and bass stay in the same relative area? When ever I see tons of carp rolling or swimming around, I move (when bass fishing).

6. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

fished knox today=15 bass (5 two lbs) (4 - 12") rest 8-9" on 4" worms

7. great bass lake. big spinnerbaits and tubes work best. lots of laydowns. cast into the thick stuff. One of my favorite lakes. Fish the bank by the spillway Across from the ramp. Watch where the lake comes up. theres a few ponts starting where the bank curves away from the spillway. Hit those pints and all the hairy fallen trees and horse out a couple hogs...good luck.