Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and myself are heading up to Knox this weekend. Never been there before but heard great things about the bass fishing. What type of structure is most prominent there. Any suggestions on lure of choice there this time of the year. Is there camping or hotel nearby. Last, does Verizon get a good signal up there? My wife is about a month out from her due date and want to make sure I got reception so I can rush home if need be. Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wood and more wood!!!! Closest hotel is in Mount Vernon. Try throwing some creature baits or some Gulp. Cell service is good all around the lake for me but I have Alltel. My buddy has Verizon and always has service there as well. Congrats on the new baby coming!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Verizon reception is good there got all my texts and calls while on the lake, I tried plastic worms didn't get any hits used a very small crank bait that's for pan fish and that's what I caught my 2 smaller bass on also tried spinner bait and nothing on that, wood as said above is the most structure on the lake that I saw and some rock edges on the bank, you might be able to get a camping spot at Mohican state park on the non reserve spots but they do fill fast and that's maybe a 15 min drive from the lake. Gulp minnows I used the other day and I caught gills left and right nothing of size though, also used gulp maggots and hammered gills on them also but no real size.

I am going to try and get over there again tomorrow with my kids so they can catch some gills off the point by the launch I will let ya know if we catch any bass and if so what we caught them on.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! Let me know how u do.

Verizon reception is good there got all my texts and calls while on the lake, I tried plastic worms didn't get any hits used a very small crank bait that's for pan fish and that's what I caught my 2 smaller bass on also tried spinner bait and nothing on that, wood as said above is the most structure on the lake that I saw and some rock edges on the bank, you might be able to get a camping spot at Mohican state park on the non reserve spots but they do fill fast and that's maybe a 15 min drive from the lake. Gulp minnows I used the other day and I caught gills left and right nothing of size though, also used gulp maggots and hammered gills on them also but no real size.

I am going to try and get over there again tomorrow with my kids so they can catch some gills off the point by the launch I will let ya know if we catch any bass and if so what we caught them on.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Kokosing campgrounds forget the road its on but heading north on 13 past fredericktown you pass kokosing construction company turn down that roads youll see signs for kokosing lake/dam.. i think its 25 a night primative ur right on kokosing lake and knox is a short maybe 10 minute tops drive just head south back on 13 find 95 east and it takes towards the lake.. as for cellservice I have verizon and ran pandora with 3g all through out find.. cover well as hezzer said.. wood and more wood... your boating I'm guessing? If so take it slow in the north end east od the marina its a hull tearing stump field but I hear good bass are in that area... anyways good luck! I fish knox a lot and am a local so feel free to p.m. on any questions and ill try and help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
895 Posts
Fished off the bank by the bait shop today and only managed a few small gills we used crawlers, wax worms and gulp minnows got there shortly after 1130 and fished till 3 fished seemed to have moved off the banks to deeper water was also very windy. Hope you have good luck over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Since it is close to Kokosing lake, the thought of fishing Knox one day and Kokosing the other popped into my head. How is the fishing at Kokosing Lake?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Is kokosing lake & river fishable or are they still really flooded?
The Lake I haven't seen however I fished the river a little after work tuesday.. its actually not bad up maybe a foot, visibility is low. Heres a pic of It Water resources Water Bank Bridge River

Its yakable and even wadeable in most spots..just expect a good steady flow.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
So howd you do? And my bad if kokosing camp grounds was a bust wasn't aware but by what a guy I work with was telling me the lake got flooded bad early this month and what it sounded like was the campgrounds were pretty rough shape

1 - 17 of 17 Posts