close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knox Lake Questions

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jpackr, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Looking to go to Knox Lake for the first time tomorrow morning with my friend. What launch would you suggest (I have a 17ft Xpress w/9.9 kicker) and are there any spots in particular I should try? Fishing for bass and strictly catch and release.
    Thanks.

2. catking

catking Banned

Try the right hand side of the point down by the marina, the deep end,along the rip rap. CATKING

3. Thanks for the info CATKING. Very much appreciated!

4. Knox Marine is right by the ramp. They have some tackle & live bait, also good place to get "feeshen" info. Good Luck :)

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Fishing has been hard with all the shad all over the lake, the spot cat mentioned is good as well as the area to the left of the ramp by the dam and along the side opposite of the ramp alot of downed trees and brush. have been doing good with maroon and black worms and popers on logs. buddy does reel well jigging a brown with light orange jig. good luck i may be out tomorrow morning as well if so i will launch from dam area around 6:30 or 7am.

6. Thanks for all the info guys. Maybe I'll see you out there Fish4Fun. I have a gray Xpress with matching Mercs on the back. I'll let you guys know how I did.

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ok i will be going in the morning if i don't over sleep. launch at the dam, small tan fiberglass boat with merc on back and fish4 fun in black letters

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Made it to knox this morning from 7 until noon. Water temp was 74 degrees, and typical stained color not bad. Caught about a dozen fish all small largest length was 13 1/2. Caught 2 fish on pop early in morning the rest came off of a 4.5" maroon and black worm casting to the bank the fish usually hit about 6 to 10 ft from the bank. heres some pics no monsters but i will get him soon. pics also in the gallery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

will hit knox tomorrow in the am or late evening also or both.

10. Hit Knox on Sunday from 6 till 12. Launched by the dam, water temps around 74 with a little stain but not bad. Had two fish in the boat within 15 minutes. Both nice size 2-3 pounds-both on a rattle trap. Didn't get another bite the rest of the day.
    Fish4fun was right, there is an incredible amount of shad in this lake.
    First time there, very nice lake and I will definitely be back.

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

went today from 6 to 11am boated 2 fish aprox 14", talked to a guy who had one fish all day and lost it at the boat said about 5lb. talked to 2 guys that were crappie fishing got 15 keepers decent size not big, using minnows on bobber set at 6' to 8' and they were fishing in around 10-15ft off log. I am going to dentist then might go back out for some crappie with the 7yr old boy.

12. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Me and my 7yr old Zane went back out from around 3 until 7pm tried for some crappie but zane got board. We did manage 2 small bass off of rattle traps hadn't tried them this yr until jpackr talked about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]