close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knox Lake info for first-timer

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish33, May 2, 2004.

1. I am from northeast Ohio, and plan on going to Knox lake for the first time on Tuesday 05-04. I have a map of the lake and know about the 10hp limit. I would appreciate any tips on the best locations to fish for bass. Are they biting? What should I throw? Thanks for any help. I read the report further down the page, any additional info would be great.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I've only fished knox 3 times (all in the past 2 years), and we found em throwing small rattle traps and tubes. We put in at the marina, and fished the shoreline directly across from the island right there (the shore has houses on it). Fished it spring and summer, and always seemed to find em there.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I agree wth Shake, small rattle baits, tubes and most productive is rubber worms or lizards. This time of the year lizards seem to work great. find a bank with wood, limbs, or rocks, throw as close to the bank as possible. I also throw cranks away from the banks out towards the lake side and do really well. I also start at the Dam area and work that bank around the point. I fish all the way down to where you go towards the log, tree area by Knox marina, then turn around and head back to the launch. After all that I'm usually ready to head in. This is a great time to hit Knox.

4. I've been there once and we had our luck on jigs on certain areas of the shoreline and caught a nice one around 3lbs on a jerkbait around the main dock we docked at. We rented a boat to fish knox, I'm not sure if they will let you in with your outboard even if you only use a trolling motor.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

There is no problem with having your motor on your boat as long as you don't start it. Mike Miller is the game warden in Knox Co. He even let us start them to load onto the trailor.Lake has a 10 hp. limit.

6. mightyduck

mightyduck AGE Ranger

Try fishing the marina point with small Rapalas in the morning and the stump fields with spinnerbaits in the afternoon.

7. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I have great success there in the spring fishing the stump field close to know Marine . I have done realy well with a jig/pig and white spinner bait . One thing you will find out is that you have to bounce the bait off the stump to get a strike . Also when your spinner bait gets next to the stump , let it fall .

8. I greatly appreciate all the information. I am heading out tomorrow morning and when i get home I will let you know how I did. Thanks again!

9. Well I fished at Knox today. I only had one bite. On a spinnerbait in the stump fields. The wind was crazy and blew me all over the lake. It's hard to catch fish if you can't control the boat. anyway, thanks for all the advice. Maybe next time I'll be luckier. :(