close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knox 5/9

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CARP 104, May 9, 2004.

1. We got out there at around 7 this morning and it started off slow. However I began trying a 4 inch wacky worm and immediately picked up two bass around 2lbs. After that it was awesome, we brought in 8 keepers, averaging 1.5-2lbs, 3 keepers also got off, and we caught over a dozen small bass as well. I can't wait to head up there again sometime soon....does anyone know if this lake hosts tournaments at all?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I know several clubs hold tournaments there. Not sure about open tournaments. You do know anything below 18" must be put back. 18" minimum before you can put it in a livewell for weigh-in. Most Clubs card fish with a partner.

3. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

they have a weekly tourn on wed or thurs like yours dale

4. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Carp 104..... I was there today too. From about 10 am until 4pm or so I guess. Was in a pontoon boat with my gf and her parents. I guess Im not total bank trash again. I have the keys to the pontoon boat and Im allowed to use it anytime I want. Its docked at knox :D:D

5. Zfish

Oh yeah I forgot. They didnt like my usual spinnerbaits nor roadrunners that I normally use. Was too slow for me so I blue gill fished. Suprisingly I didnt catch any perch or carp. Seen a lot of shad spawning.

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

zfish caught no carp? Has hell frozed over? Tune in next time zfish goes fishing for the answers.

7. Zfish

Yeah... It was too weird. I always see tons of carp there. NADA 1 that was confirmed .. I think I seen a one or 2 jump but that was it. I know where they are at. I just cant get to them right now with the pontoon boat. Now the Canoe is another story :D:D After next weekend Im free fishman. You're more than welcome to come out and fish on the pontoon boat with me.

8. hey guys. im actually heading down to knox this wendsday. I have never been there b4 and really want to get down there to do some quality LM fishing. anyone know about the boat rental? how much is it? stuff like that.

also, any help on where the fish are right now. i have heard through other posts about the stump areas. any other suggestions will be very helpful

stu.....

9. We didn't quite make it all the way to the stump fields with our trolling motor (we have a 40 HP outboard), but there are two coves directly across from each other, both are holding a lot of bass.

We found all our fish tight up against the shoreline for the most part...be sure to fish around fallen trees a lot, there are fish around every single one pretty much.

Goodluck.