Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
( A HEADS UP ) I am sure many of you have taken this course. I am also sure many haven't. This winter is a perfect time to KNOW what is the correct and legal way to operate a boat on Lake Erie.

It doesn't cost any thing to learn the rules of being on the water. It is only a $30 fee to take the test to get a license. The info you get could save lives. For some it is a mandatory license before operating a boat. Don't rely on being grandfathered in.

Don't let this happen to you.

Study this with your children. It is a great way to learn together. Especially if they do better than you on the quizzes.

Anyway, it is free to sign up. https://www.boat-ed.com/ohio/

·
florida ice fishing
13,799 Posts
I am sure many of you have taken this course. I am also sure many haven't. This winter is a perfect time to KNOW what is the correct and legal way to operate a boat on Lake Erie.

It doesn't cost any thing to learn the rules of being on the water. It is only a $30 fee to take the test to get a license. The info you get could save lives. For some it is a mandatory license before operating a boat. Don't rely on being grandfathered in.

Don't let this happen to you.

Study this with your children. It is a great way to learn together.

Anyway, it is free to sign up. https://www.boat-ed.com/ohio/
great info. I wish they would make it mandatory for everyone to have to take the test. if you fail then take the course. to many grandfathered boaters that don't seem to know the rules. 30.00 isn't going to hurt anyone that has the money to own a boat.
sherman

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Tiresome...!

·
florida ice fishing
13,799 Posts
just so everone knows I practice what I preach I clicked on a link on another thread that took me to a sight where I could take the test on line for 29.50. I did the test and scored 93% but would have been higher if I hadn't read one of the answers wrong and checked the wrong answer. I think ever boater should take the course. but it does take awhile to complete.
sherman

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm an active member of the Power Squadron and have taught our "Americas Boating Course" , and I support all forms of boater safety education. You can take the online courses such as the boat-ed cited above. I think an even better learning experience if you have the time is to take a classroom type course. These are offered by the Coast Guard Auxiliary, Ohio Division of Watercraft, and of course we offer them through your local Power Squadron. Many of these courses are offered in the winter when the snow is flying. What better way to connect with fellow fishermen and boaters and learn boating safety at the same time! Here is a link to boating courses offered in Ohio:

http://watercraft.ohiodnr.gov/coursesearch

Keep in mind that many insurance companies offer a discount on your boat insurance when you have successfully passed these courses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts