close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knife Sharpener

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by longbow, Sep 23, 2007.

1. I have a Lansky sharpener. But usually let my knives get in too bad of shape for a quick hit on this. Any of you use any of the power sharpeners that are worth the money you paid for them?

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

presto eversharp. got it years ago, it has a course and fine wheel, it cost less that $20.00 and i still love it. when my knives get REALLY dull, i plug it in and a few pulls thru, sharp as i need them to be. a few more strokes on the lansky, they are really sharp. mine was worth every penny, i just wish i could remember where i got it.:confused:

3. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know what I find.

4. EZ And Fre, Recieved my sharpener today. Ran my small rapala through it and think it will work just fine. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know the final results when I clean some fish. Thanks Again Longbow P.S. Paid 31.13 for it. That included shipping.

5. Those white and blue plastic handle ones with the vee shaped carbide wedges and the handguard seem to work great for me. I have all kinds, and was skeptical of them, but my son worked in a meat market where this type is all they used and gave me one to try. I can't even remember where my fine whetstones and sharpeners are anymore now that I use the one above exclusively. Made a believer out of me. ps-They are cheap too!

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

glad to help:)

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

L.B. what kind did you get? i know the diamond stones on gander mtn display case is a good one too.

8. C.J. I have a couple of the white and blue ones that your talking about. Wore them out. They do work good. Probably buy another one to use along with the presto.