Knife Making

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishstix, Oct 6, 2008.

1. I am looking for someone who can make a knife for me. I have a knife blade and a deer shed. I would like for someone to make a antler handle knife to use for gutting deer. I found a nice shed a couple of years ago and thought it would be cool to make a knife out of it from the antler that was found on my property.

Do you guys know any knife makers who do this for a living or a hobby that I could take a blade and the shed too and they could make this knife for me? I live in the Columbus area.

I could try to do it myself, but I really would like for it to be done professionally.

Any information would be much appriciated.

Thanks!

2. Deer antlers are not the best material to use it is too soft. When you see a antler handle on a knife it is usually stag. However if you are just using it for light work such as skinning it might be Okay if done right. I have made a few for myself and a couple of friends, it is not that hard.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

If you are ever in Dover Ohio south of Canton you can ask them. If they are not willing you can at least tour the most fantastic model train and knife museum you'll ever visit.

http://www.warthers.com/