Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my mind I'm not old enough for this problem. On the other hand I go to see an ortho surgeon on friday. I've been told by the sports medicine doctor that he thinks it might be a torn miniscus. My knee pops when I walk, but mild on pain.
Has anybody had this problem?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Knee issues suck and can make life miserable. Im 39 and need a knee replacement. The orhto has told me he has seen better knees on 65 year old men! lol Ive done all the treatments and years of taking the wait off my bad knee is making my good knee go bad. Im to the point, where anything I do is really just a band aid until I can get a new knee. If its not lined up correctly sleeping or even driving the bone on bone and arthritis rub the wrong way and start barking like a dog and it aches like a tooth ache that wont go away. good luck I know your pain

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Tore mine in 1994 & still haven't had it repaired. Have done a couple rounds of physical therapy & it makes all the difference in the world. Still bothers me once in a while but not bad enough to get cut on yet. Sounds like you may have ton yours worse than I did, but you might try the PT route first.

·
average guy
135 Posts
I've torn every ligament in my knee and dislocated my kneecap twice. However the only problem since has been, surprise, my meniscus. They are pesky and sometimes PT works and sometimes surgery is the only way. All in all, the most sensitive ligament you have is the meniscus.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine felt about the same, kept putting off.Then I was out deer hunting (bow season) went to turn and it finished tearing. the pain was quite bad.Ended up coming out of the woods useing two branches as crutches. had the surgery opening day of gun season and has been good since.Wish I didn't wait and had it done years earlier.All I can tell you is, you don't want it to tear all the way.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much have played every sport as a kid and beyond. I'm 36 . I'm sure working as a landscaper threw high school and construction know has not helped. My life keeps calling it trolling motor knee.

How long of a recovery did you have Tomfoolery?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts