Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Set The Hook`
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm sitting in the lobby with my wife Waiting to head in for knee surgery. Torn meniscus and a micro fracture. They will be trimming off the tare and poking holes in the bottom of my bone to release bone marrow and blood cells to hopefully form into a protective layer and replace the missing cartilage. 6 weeks off at least. BLAH!! Wish me luck and a little prayer!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
had a blowout of acl and meniscus may 2011...youll be fine and on your feet although uncomfortable. did they offer you the nerve block? if so get it even though it sounds crazy it wasnt as bad as i feared.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well I'm sitting in the lobby with my wife Waiting to head in for knee surgery. Torn meniscus and a micro fracture. They will be trimming off the tare and poking holes in the bottom of my bone to release bone marrow and blood cells to hopefully form into a protective layer and replace the missing cartilage. 6 weeks off at least. BLAH!! Wish me luck and a little prayer!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Good luck! I know all about knee issues. Im 39 and waiting to get a knee replacement. Ive had everything done but that. More cortisone shots than I can remember, Supartz injections, complete ACL reconstruction which tore a 2nd time after 10 years. Bone on bone with arthritis setting in. And now my good knee is getting bad from over compensating for the bad knee for so many years. Rehab is usually key with a lot of knee surgeries so good luck and do everything they tell you in rehab!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Been there... It sucks... One thing to remember, although not sure if will apply directly to you... After my surgery (when I was 29 years old) I had alot of swelling... I went back and they drained it... It was instant relief front the throbbing pain I was having... If your ok with huge needles being wedged under your knee cap and you have alot of swelling afterwards, don't hesitate to go back and see if they'll drain it... Felt so much better after, they'll pulled 160ccs of blood out, back to back weeks.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
oh yeah how could i forget that "pop" as the needle gets through the cartlidge...but once its drained your knee will feel so good and flexible. i got the lidacane spray on surface so other than the pressure i didnt feel it.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Good luck in surgery scumfrog.... You'll be ok..that's a pretty routine surgery....hope your up and fishin soon!

·
Registered
11,333 Posts
Had it done years ago when you ended up with a scar that looked like a railroad bed. After two weeks and recovery going slow, I took a trip to Michigan and decided to get into a trout stream and fish without putting pressure on the knee. The constant need to be using the leg while wading did the job. I was walking without a crutch in five days, slowly but with little pain.
Good luck on the surgery and think about putting on some waders and hitting a lake or stream. Tell the doctor and your wife that it is a sure fire way to speed up the recovery.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts