close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KISS snubbed again???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ezbite, Oct 2, 2007.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

just saw the list of inductees for 2008.. beasty boys??? but no KISS, again??? this is becomming a joke. look how long it took black sabbath to get in. KISS isnt even nominated. you dont have to be a fan of KISS, but lots of albums have been sold by that band and a lot of people grew up listening to them. i guess rock n rollers get no respect..:D

2. KISS isn't being snubbed. They aren't being inducted into the HoF because they STINK!:p

The only song that anyone ever plays on the radio is that "I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day" song. I swear that is the most overplayed song in the history of the world.

Look at this. This guy has a theory for you:

"Well, I have no doubt that KISS is routinely ignored by the Rock & Roll powers-that-be because Paul Stanley (real name-Stanley Harvey Eisen) and Gene Simmons (real name-Chaim Witz) are successful Jewish businessmen and family men, who've managed to stay away from drugs and keep out of trouble with the law. They also strongly support our troops. That's not kosher in Hollyweird these days, I guess"

3. I'd say they have more of an influence than the beastie boys, that's for sure.

4. and ronnie james dio sounds like someone is killing a cat, but who's counting? :p

i was such a HUGE Kiss fan back in the day - i'd like to see them get inducted. they meet all the qualifications and are undoubtedly a huge influence on a lot of the popular bands of the last couple decades.

they'll get their day. and when they do, rest assured, they're gonna blow that stage up....and play Rock and Roll All Nite for the 23,542nd time. ;)

5. WOW The Beasties??? Now I like the Beastie Boys a lot ( seen them 11 times in concert) but Rock n' roll? the Rock n' Roll hall of fame is a joke!

6. it really is....

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOYmLj2wVk4&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

8. The simple fact that they don't have the induction ceremony in Cleveland is shameful.

9. man, Ace is so underrated as a guitarist....he plays some sick leads

10. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Madonna was nominated for it and the radio listed the names of bands that have never even been nominated. Bad Company, Chicago, Foreigner, Kiss and the list went on to name at least 20 bands that have never been nominated.
    I just can't believe Madonna gets consideration over any of these bands. What rock song did she sing? Never been there and really don't care to go, it should be renamed the POP music HOF.

11. COmmodore 64,
    I donot buy your arguement, Robert Zimmerman was admitted, early on, how could that NOT happen. I think KISS should be there, hell, I named my daughter BETH!! Oh, her name has nothing to do with KISS.
    John

12. ezbite

and you know all the words to it...:p hehehe..

13. Was there ever a worse popular band than Kiss?If record sales were the only criteria the Archies would be in-and come to think of it, their music was a little more complex and less reliant on stage gimmicks than Kiss. Even amidst today's lower standards,how can anybody out of junior high take that junk seriously?
    I do agree that Madonna simply paced the scene in self-promotion and lip-synching (remember those disgusting fawning interviews on MTV with Kurt Loder;how does this guy-?-sleep at night?).
    What gets me are the all-but-totally irrelevant jazz and/or blues "legends" that are entered as "influences" to placate special interest groups. I don't recall any cricket players in the baseball Hall of Fame...

Someone once said in a great movie in a better time "rock n' roll's been goin' downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."

14. Kiss made alot of money in the 70's with the make up thing, so when it slowed they took it off and wham there into the bucks again, then later everyone fell for it again with the makeup. Brilliant buisness men. Ive passed out to many a Kiss tunes. LOL

15. ezbite

LOL. your preachin' to the choir:eek::p

16. shroomhunter

Sweet Ballroom Blitz, Little Willy Willy
    Nazareth Hair Of The Dog, Please Don't Judas Me
    Montrose Rock Candy Bad Motor Scooter
    Uriah Heap Stealin Woman In Black
    And many many more influential acts

And they are not in the HOF but yet they nominate Mapucka oops Madonna

Alright what city should the REAL Rock N Roll HOF be located in? Detroit or maybe London or boot this pitiful gang out of Cleveland and get back to
    Rock N Roll
    How about Graceland, couldn't think of a better place!

17. You're right SD, Simmons said in his Larry King interview that they initially as a band didn't even know how to play their instruments, but took advantage of the hardcore druggy era as you suggest, and as well as anybody relied instead on pyrotechnics and makeup and studio musicians to emerge, as you say, as clever businessmen.Grade school kids are easily fooled.
    Yet bad as it is, it's still not called the "Businessman's Hall of Fame."

18. shroomhunter

For me it all started with KISS and from there it was Aerosmith then Sweet, Nazareth, Deep Purple, and the Mighty Led Zeppelin, Floyd, Stones etc

KISS deserves a spot so does ACDC, The Allman Bros and many more...

How did Madonna even get nominated?

Most of this music/guitar riffs originated from Delta Blues and Gospel, lets get these oldtimers in there first!

19. Nothing about madona is rock n' roll, nothing? oh wait, I got it she held a guitar in one of her video's ;) yep that's it ROCK ON MADONA.

20. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Come on guys!

You all know the real reason Kiss has never been nominated is because they are nothing more than a ......"wanna-be all girl band"! :p :D