close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

kiss my bass/northern darby honey hole

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by winkstyle, Jun 10, 2004.

1. i cought my personal best largemouth while smalley fishing in the darb.it was 23 inches ,i guess the fish to be around 8lbs but i had no scale.i have cought alot of smaller large mouth out of the darb but nothing this big.the big bass ate a small rubber worm which is still lodged in his throat,in my freezer. :D [​IMG][​IMG]

2. cought last wed the 2nd ,just now figured out how to post pics

3. WOW!

GREAT OHIO BASS!

Are you gonna get that pig mounted? I know I would.

4. WOW! that is a nice largemouth.
    p.s. nice tittle for the thread

5. That's about a 4-5lb fish, sorry to break your bubble.

6. bassboy

bassboy fishing addict

that's a five pounder next time let him go we need studs like that to breed, big darby is one of our cleanest fisheries leave them almost trophy's alone.

7. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Patriot, Bassboy,

Why try to rain on someone's parade.

You need to check on what a 23" bass will weigh before making negitive judgements about what it will weigh.

To keep or not to keep is a tough question for each individual, but definatly the individual's choice not mine or your's.

lighten up a little,

Kim

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I have to agree with Lundy, 23" bass could weigh from 5-8 pounds depending on the girth. I caught a 7.70 last year that was 23 1/3" long and a belly about the size of that one. As for catch or release. That is the person's own choice. That is a trophy for sure. keeping one like that for the wall is fine. I do agree we don't want to keep several like that as they are great breeder fish. But I don't have a problem keeping one for mounting. In our tournaments we encourage catch and release, but if someone catches the biggest of their life and wants to keep it that is their option.
    Winkstyle: That is one very nice bass!!

9. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

I agree with everything Dale said. Nice fish. I'm jealous

10. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Id say just under 8 #'s. Great fish. a fishing trip is always nice but a fishing trip with a Hawg like that. . . . even better.

11. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

That's an Ohio Hawg, plain and simple ;)

12. Nice fish for sure. Have you ever fished at Guilford Lake? ;)
    Are you planning on mounting that or eating it? Just wondering because you can get replica mounts that look better for a longer time than the actual fish itself. Alot of times fish that size get put in the freezer, showed to people and eventually thrown away. Its your fish to do what you please with but I hope you eat it.

13. For all you questioning the weight of the fish, lets see your pics of your 8lb bass. That is a great fish, got one like that out of the darby last year in a canoe on a 5' ultra light. Talk about a battle. Congrats man she will look good on your wall

14. This one was nine + on a certified scale :D

If he says it is 8 lbs then it is 8 as far as I am concerned.

And again, I am seriously impressed to see someone pull that bass in Ohio (mine was from Florida).

15. Great fish!!! I've fished Darby all my life and its the best one I've ever seen come out of there
    I'm pro choice ( choose what you want do with the fish you catch)
    It'll look great on the wall
    Geowol

16. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Awesome bass. Never judge a fish by the picture. If it was 23, theres a chance it weighed 8 pounds. It was in his hands, not yours. Caught a 21 incher a few years back that went 6.5, 23 very well could be 8 pounds.

17. that fish could easily be 6-8 lbs...23" and thick..thats a trophy for ohio.i usually release all bass but i would definitely keep one that big.it doesnt bother me when people keep bass to eat because i know its very important to harvest a % of bass to keep the size quality in a lake.

18. state record is only 2 1/16 inches bigger and weighed in at 13.13lbs

19. Nice Fish! I've fished the Darby for years and got nothing that big!

20. Winkstyle,

awesome fish!!!

Be glad you caught it, and enjoy what you do with it. I'm not big on eating bass, but that is a great Ohio LM bass, mounting it is completely acceptable to me too.

Good luck, I must need to bring my waders from home to fish the Darby.