close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kiser Lake- Hows it been ?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Skooky, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

Me and my wife are heading to Kiser Lake to ROW the boat around a bit and do some fishing on Friday. Does anyone have any info on how the lake has been lately ? Any good spots to try out ?
    thanks

2. vbeamerv

vbeamerv Ohio Angler

Kiser is a little bit slow right now, since it's just starting to get cold... Took the boat out, and caught a couple crappie on minnows, and tube jigs ( slow since I usually catch 70-100 )... The bass are still bitting on top... But right now the best fishing would be at the 235 entrance, fishing on bottom with nightcrawler... The perch, bluegill, catfish, and occasional wiper would be bitting...Good luck

3. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

Thanks for the info. We generally fish from the pier or down along where the sailboat club is. We have generally done pretty good for perch and wipers there.
    On occasion I have tried on the east end down by the lilly pads. This will be the 2nd time we have had a boat out there and was just wondering what to expect and what would be a good area to target.
    -Jeff

4. vbeamerv

vbeamerv Ohio Angler

Well, if you're taking a boat out... On the beach side of the lake, over by the lilly pads is a good place to go ( I go there most of the time )... The best choice would be in the boat along the bankline by the spillway.. I have fished this lake for 15 years.. I fish there atleast 3 or 4 times a week... This time of year, head over toward the Spillway/Dam side because where it's getting colder they head into deeper water... Use Night Crawlers, and Crappie Minnows fished under a bobber about 20 inches to a foot ( from hook to bobber ).. Hope this helps... Good luck

5. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

Went fishing at Kiser lake. A Fishing Date with my wife ! :)
    The weather and company was beautiful. The hybrid bass were biting infrequently on chicken liver until the clouds came in then they quit biting altogether.They were decent eating size in the 14-16 inch range. Bluegill and crappie were infrequent as well. We primarily fished the west end near the 235 entrance along the North side of the lake. Maybe next time we'll try out along the spillway. Overall I couldn't as for a better afternoon of fishing. [​IMG]

Heres a picture of my wife Gina, She about gave me a heart attack everytime she'd get a bite while fishing on the bottom for the hybrids. She'd about jump out of her seat. Thats one thing about the hybrids, they normally don't play around with taking it. When they do, you better be ready.