close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kiser Lake 7/11

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by yakfish, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Went night fishing after work wednesday and got to the lake around 12:30. fish with cut bluegill, liver and night crawlers. the bluegills weren't very fresh because I have caught them wednesdsay afternoon and they were in a bucket for about 6 hours. my buddy who went with me caught a small 2# channel on the liver and I got one of those stiper hybids on a night crawler, it was small only about a pound the blue didn't get a look all night. we had several runs on the beef liver and a few on the nightcrawlers. we ended up leaving around 3:30 it was a nice night to be out it was a lot cooler than it has been recently. I would like to go back and try fishing closer to the dam.

Anyone else fish there much?

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

sounds like u did ok. i;ve always wanted 2 go there 4 wipers. good luck

3. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

well depending on where you are fishing and what time you are fishing there...kiser lake produces some really nice crappie, bull bluegill, whipers, and channel cats...crappie and gills can be caught in early spring around the "T" points that go out into the lake...the hybrids can be caught on artificial or live baits around the dam and in the channel and around the private property point, and channels...well they can be caught everywhere, but shrimp is the best bait to use up there...the biggest channel we have ever pulled in from there came from the rocky wall around the first parking lot on shrimp on the bottom and it weighed 12lbs

4. Do you just use frozen shimp from krogers? also are there any flatheads in there or just channnels? thanks

5. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

to tell the truth I'm not sure if there are any flatheads in it or not...I'm sure there might be a few that someone has put in before, but mainly channels... the frozen shrimp works, but fresh shrimp out of the glass cases works best...