close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kiser ice?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by squid_1, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Has anyone drove by Kiser lately? Whats the chance of getting out on it this weekend?

2. Tin Guppy

Tin Guppy CJ Wolfpack

My buddy checked tonight at 5:30 he said the bay by the campground was about 2-2 1/2 ". Wednesday it had open water in front of the marina and scattered spots on west end.

3. Fished there yesterday. The ice was 5 inches on the SE side by the Kiser Rd. parking lot. Fished from 10 AM until 4PM caught 19 7" or better blue gill, 1 11" crappie and about 30 dinks. It was pretty slow until the last hour and a half, then they turned on.

4. Bruce is the whole lake appear safe? I am wanting to hit straight out from the beach in that 10 foot water. Trying to decide whether to hit Kiser or Indian this weekend.

5. Fished Kiser lake today. Between 2 of us we caught 36 keeper gills with many dinks mixed in. Ice thickness varied as it was about 2-3 inches by Grandview Heights and about 5 inches back by Kiser Rd.

6. I was there on Saturday also. It was slow for us. The 2 of us caught 5 keeper BG and about 15 babies the whole day. Did not have a bite for the last 2 hours so we left at 3:30. You must have found a honey hole. Everyone else was having a slow day.