Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody been there lately? need some reports getting ready to go up 1st week of june.any reports would help alot! big lake im trying to stay on the PA section of the lake. thanks

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Try walleyecentral.com and look up there fishing reports. Also, do a search on Kinzua on their website. There are several guys there that fish that lake.
ski

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ski -but i know the lake pretty good.the problem is theres a eye tourney coming up so everybody is tight lipped.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Do you mean the tourney in July? I was up there fishing early in the morning when they took off in the morning. It was neat seeing all the boats fly across the lake. This year I want to follow several boats to see where they go to fish. I have been fishing this lake for several years without success. Maybe I can follow them to find where I can fish.
ski

·
Registered
48 Posts
just got back from the kinzua, buddy of mine still there. we did good for trout around westline. also hit mead run. didn't fish the lake but did see some boats on it when we came around the mountian.

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ski= the tourney is a cabelas qualifyer june 16-17 theres also a tourney in july.ill be camping up there june 2nd thru the 9th seem to always do good fishing around that time.been going to kinzua since the late 70s kinda got a few areas figured out. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
any hints on where to fish on the reservoir?? I'll be up that same week at the lake with some friends and I plan on doing some fishing???
What bites there and where can I find them???

Thanks for any help!!!

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
u wont find any info!everybody stays pretty tight lipped.if your gonna be up there 6-2 thru 9 ill be there.we will get together look for a boat named FIRST LIGHT we will be camping at hooks brook or handsome lake boat in campground stop by!ill share a few little secrets with u phil

·
Registered
159 Posts
lol alright ill keep an eye out for ya!
sorry though, didnt mean to be a pest about it! Thats amazing that people are so tight lipped about that lake.... I dunno I guess I was just taught differently!
Kinda like software with open source software vs closed source lol

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a hard time getting info too!but over the yrs ive met some locals that have givin me some good advice. the lake is slowly becomming commercialized and the locals and me dont like it! NEVER GO THERE ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND IT TURNS INTO KIN-ZOO! LOL thats the 1st thing to learn about the lake. clear water and water skiers-jet skis drive the fish deeper exept at night they come in close to shore to feed. just a few clues about the lake. im not kidding look for me and ill help ya out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah I can understand with all the tourists coming into town. My friends and I are most likely going to be renting a boat and doing some fishing and I have a portable depth/fish finder that might help me. We are going to be staying at Willow Bay campsite. Wish I had my own boat to take, but I'm still just a poor college student

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill try to get by that way if u see me yell im the guy fishing with a wife and 2 dogs on the boat- heres a pic of my boat

Attachments

·
Banned
738 Posts
we use to do well right out of sugerbay. Find the ledge right where it meets the lake. Not a lot of boat traffic. You can launch there too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
University of Akron for International Business... and thanks for the tip Joe!

I'm glancing at a map right now and is sugar bay the mouths of the two sugar run rivers/creeks???

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Sorry guys,
for some reason I was talking about the tournament on lake Chautauqua in NY. Sorry about the confusion. have you guys fished chautauqua?
ski

·
Banned
738 Posts
University of Akron for International Business... and thanks for the tip Joe!

I'm glancing at a map right now and is sugar bay the mouths of the two sugar run rivers/creeks???
2 feder creeks run into suger bay. the bay is shallow up into you get by the main lake. There are a few ledges. I fished that lake for years as a kid. If you start in the middle of the bay in the morning work wornharness. We use to jig on the ledges, use leaches. any other question send me a pm I have a few spots

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 feder creeks run into suger bay. the bay is shallow up into you get by the main lake. There are a few ledges. I fished that lake for years as a kid. If you start in the middle of the bay in the morning work wornharness. We use to jig on the ledges, use leaches. any other question send me a pm I have a few spots
thats 1 of the places i was gonna show u groundedrsx when we meet up

1 - 20 of 39 Posts