Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I thought we voted for term limits years ago in Ohio and some judge said it was unconstitutional. Our problems come from both sides the aisle with politicians more worried about reelection than helping the people and making themselves rich. How the voters keep reelecting the same people who do nothing amazes me. The old swamp needs to go.

·
Registered
554 Posts
In alot of countries they still punish criminals appropriately. Steal something you get that hand cut off. Public executions etc... If we would follow crime would drop dramatically. Sure alot of states still have the death sentence but these people are sitting on deathrow for 30+ years regularly. Sentence them let them visit with their family one last time within the next 24 hours then off them. Think of all the money this would save the tax payers
Agree 100%

They should also bring back debtors prison.
If you can't pay back your debts, you get locked up to go work them off.
So many people irresponsibly, and purposefully, live outside their means then cop out and just go bankrupt. It's a way of life and is passed down through generations.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Imo we as a whole are too Lenient We had a Judge that use to have convicts pick up trash as part of their sentence till one of them sued him because he cut his hand on apiece of glass while picking up trash and won !! a jury ruled that he wouldn't have cut his hand if he wasn't placed there by the judge !!!!! criminals can sue the homeowner if they get hurt while robbing them case example a man broke into a home and was startled by the home owner and when he tried to flee he broke his leg running away from the crime !!!! we live in a sue the Ba$tard society Prisons that have TV weight rooms walking tracks Library's 3 squares a day here is a Quote that I think it applies here

If violent crime is to be curbed it is only the intended victim who can do it. The criminal does not fear the police. The felon fears neither the judge or the jury. therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim
Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper USMC

kids now days, well some look up to the drug dealer with their fancy cars, clothes and live styles Police have their hands tied do this, do that, but don't do it this way his rights maybe fringed.

this may seem like a rant to a lot of people but look around you today read the news about local crime probably before the want adds since covid and politics takes president over most every thing else is there a answer ? I don't know I'm just going to go fishing (Armed) to the teeth like when I go to the store or church and try to think of where it went wrong

thank you for listening to a old man's Opinion or Rant LOL you decide which
Lol...You can't sue a judge dude… You can file a complaint if you think they didn't follow a code of ethics in the court room… But you can't sue a judge for a court ruling… Where do people come up with the ****? Lol

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Agree 100%

They should also bring back debtors prison.
If you can't pay back your debts, you get locked up to go work them off.
So many people irresponsibly, and purposefully, live outside their means then cop out and just go bankrupt. It's a way of life and is passed down through generations.
...We already have problems with overcrowded prisons and not enough staff to manage it… So your answer is to make it worse and add more prisoners because somebody's in debt?? I love reading this stuff because some of the replies are So ridiculous that they're funny

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I fully agree that there needs to be harsher penalties for violent crime.

But, the good news (despite what you will see on the news) is that violent crime has been trending down in the USA for the last 30 years. The odds of an average, 21yr+ old, middle class (or above), white guy being the victim of a violent crime perpetrated by an unknow assailant is tiny. There was a Covid bump, but you would be better served in keeping a watchful eye on your family and friends…..rather than the “other”.

I might be able to get behind Debtors prison….IF, corporations are held to the same standard.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Lol...You can't sue a judge dude… You can file a complaint if you think they didn't follow a code of ethics in the court room… But you can't sue a judge for a court ruling… Where do people come up with the ****? Lol
yes I put sue in lack of better words but the guy had cut his hand on glass that he was ordered to pick up and he went back and said that the Judges ruling was unfair and put him in danger and won point being a judge can order a defendant a heavy sentence only to be reversed by a loop hole

Reactions: 9Left

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
...We already have problems with overcrowded prisons and not enough staff to manage it… So your answer is to make it worse and add more prisoners because somebody's in debt?? I love reading this stuff because some of the replies are So ridiculous that they're funny
Not funny he said bring back not add too

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,884 Posts
Imo we as a whole are too Lenient We had a Judge that use to have convicts pick up trash as part of their sentence till one of them sued him because he cut his hand on apiece of glass while picking up trash and won !! a jury ruled that he wouldn't have cut his hand if he wasn't placed there by the judge !!!!! criminals can sue the homeowner if they get hurt while robbing them case example a man broke into a home and was startled by the home owner and when he tried to flee he broke his leg running away from the crime !!!! we live in a sue the Ba$tard society Prisons that have TV weight rooms walking tracks Library's 3 squares a day here is a Quote that I think it applies here

If violent crime is to be curbed it is only the intended victim who can do it. The criminal does not fear the police. The felon fears neither the judge or the jury. therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim
Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper USMC

kids now days, well some look up to the drug dealer with their fancy cars, clothes and live styles Police have their hands tied do this, do that, but don't do it this way his rights maybe fringed.

this may seem like a rant to a lot of people but look around you today read the news about local crime probably before the want adds since covid and politics takes president over most every thing else is there a answer ? I don't know I'm just going to go fishing (Armed) to the teeth like when I go to the store or church and try to think of where it went wrong

thank you for listening to a old man's Opinion or Rant LOL you decide which
We are seriously screwed. In Peru, they take care of the pedophiles, thieves, wife beaters etc on their own with "chapa tu choro" there is a BBC article i could post the link or for an interesting read, Google it. It's near the top of results. Let Google translate it to English. Basically if they catch you doing something, they'll tie you up and get street justice, whipping, stoning, etc and leaving you to bleed. Maybe you survive, you might also eat thru tube too.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Build some more.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
If we keep ignoring this subject it will not go away.I and many others realize this is a hunting and fishing forum but this affects all of us.Lets keep praying that this will be a better new year and vote these clowns out.Take care and God bless.
Yes. Vote these clowns out and get back the control of our border we had before 2021.
Anyone on death row with previous attempted violent assaults need to be done away with immediately !
(Free up that overcrowding issue !)
Need to go back to hard labor fo repeat felony offenders !
Chain gangs welcome!
No 3 hots and a cot !
Anyone breaking into your home can be exterminated without homeowner facing charges.
We need to send a message to these new comunist politicians.
That we taxpayers want out country back !!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sheriff Joe Arpio in Texas put them in tents cause of overcrowding, only gave them couple tv channels and some other things and got sued and I think not reelected as the bleeding hearts thought he was mean and violated their rights. That is the thinking that's ruining our country.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Pretty sad when we treat people who choose to break the law better than the veterans that put their lives on the line to keep this country the way it is. Messed up world we live in when someone who chooses to break the law and in some form takes a right away from another human get treated better than most people that work for a living and follow the laws!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Pretty sad when we treat people who choose to break the law better than the veterans that put their lives on the line to keep this country the way it is. Messed up world we live in when someone who chooses to break the law and in some form takes a right away from another human get treated better than most people that work for a living and follow the laws!
sad is right

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sheriff Joe Arpio in Texas put them in tents cause of overcrowding, only gave them couple tv channels and some other things and got sued and I think not reelected as the bleeding hearts thought he was mean and violated their rights. That is the thinking that's ruining our country.
Yea. just something for the bleeding hearts to bitch about.
Tents are good enough for our troops
to stay in.
But not for people who break the law ?
Yea. Thats some ass backwards thinking right there !
Crazy thing also.
Is that some of us choose to go camping in a tent with no TV !

21 - 40 of 62 Posts