close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kind of Quiet Here

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Duckless, Jan 22, 2009.

1. How's everyone doing, now that the ice is on good and thick? Me and the guys I fish with have not done very well in the past week. We hit Indian hard Sunday and had very little luck. Skunked at Moundwood in the AM. Did OK for Pan fish off Long Island from mid-morning to late afternoon, but not gang busters like earlier this year. Then almost skunked again at the evening bite at North Fork, just 3 small s-eye between the 4 of us. Didn't see anyone else tearing them up either. Did see one guy fight a nice 2-3 gallon bucket (no, an actual bucket:p ) to the hole but it wouldn't fit through. It was the highlight of the day. Fished a private (2.5 acre) pond in Miami County on Tuesday and about the same thing. Just 2 big 'gills over 5 hours (and 30 holes). C'mon, some one give us some hope:D ! Well, at least the ice is good around here. Hope to hit Kiser or Indian (again) Sat.

2. got a limit of saugeye at indian in 30 minutes last night, caught 14 from 4 45 to 6 15 had 5 more get off, little slower tonight but i did get 1 over 5 lbs and a few smaller, saw a good number of nice keepers being caught, i love ice fishing

3. Now that's what I call encouragement. Looks like it's back up to Indian this afternoon for the evening bite.