Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Can’t believe how many people want to kill clover. Clover is is a sign your soil is in good shape
also great for the pollinators, puts nitrogen back into the soil naturally, makes great feed for wildlife, stays green ,and how do you take a roll in the clover, without clover??

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I’m personally trying to kill noxious broad leaf weeds, not clover. I want the clover to live. I plan my application time and rates accordingly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Corn is good too, as long as it's in a corn field. If it's in my soybeans, than it's a weed. I looked at the Trimec label, looks like it only has less than 3 percent active Dicamba ingredients. I use Detonate. 56 percent active Dicamba ingredients. I think with Trimec, you would be putting down too much 2-4d to get enough Dicamba for a good kill.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Weed b gone in a two gallon sprayer normally last the season. Clover after spraying is gone in a week to 10 days.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
The end is near
7,456 Posts
Nothing personally intended here but I'm one of those pro clover guys. I think it feels great to the bare foot. Kind of like Mother Nature's carpet.
Also, I'm not a tree hugger but I don't like the use if harsh chemicals. Leeching in our streams and rivers and I personally think is one of the reasons for colony collapse disorder with our honey bees.
Please don't think I'm trying to tell you what to do. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Well it’s a conundrum. I have land in CRP. In order to maintain the beneficial warm season grass, wildflower, forb, and legume mix that pollinators rely on you almost have to use some chemicals to kill the noxious weeds. Not a lot of chemicals, but some. Without some chemical and mechanical control invasive’s pretty much take over eventually.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,604 Posts
Nothing personally intended here but I'm one of those pro clover guys. I think it feels great to the bare foot. Kind of like Mother Nature's carpet.
Also, I'm not a tree hugger but I don't like the use if harsh chemicals. Leeching in our streams and rivers and I personally think is one of the reasons for colony collapse disorder with our honey bees.
Please don't think I'm trying to tell you what to do. Just my humble opinion.
Actually, CCD can be attributed to the Varroa mite, which parasitises bees and injects them with viruses,especially the deformed wing virus. Also glyphosate herbides contribute to it when sprayed in large quantities. Also, an herbicide made by Bayer and another company which are banned in Europe but not here! It's been demonstrated to interfere with the development of the 2nd & 3rd geverations of bees after the hive is exposed.

Can't remember the name of it right now, but if you want to learn more go to YouTube and look up Joe Rogan Experience #1035 with Paul Stamets. It will take you a little over 2 hours to watch the whole thing, buy I guarantee it's worth your while. Stamets is one of the most brilliant guys I have ever heard speak on anything, but comes across as a regular guy.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I respect that Lazy. My lawn is thick enough that clover only shows up in tiny patches. When it does I spray it with weed b gone just enough to wet the leaves. In a week or so it's gone. Have always been cautious about when and where I spray.

·
The end is near
7,456 Posts
I respect that Lazy. My lawn is thick enough that clover only shows up in tiny patches. When it does I spray it with weed b gone just enough to wet the leaves. In a week or so it's gone. Have always been cautious about when and where I spray.

That's cool Ressy. It's safe to say I don't have a Scott's lawn.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My lawn has very minimal weeds. I only spot treat once maybe twice a year it's the damn weeds and clover in all my landscaping and decorative grasses that you just can't pull without removing some of the good stuff. I tried treating a small spot last night that won't bust my balls too badly if it kills a tiny bit of the good stuff I want to keep

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
My lawn has very minimal weeds. I only spot treat once maybe twice a year it's the damn weeds and clover in all my landscaping and decorative grasses that you just can't pull without removing some of the good stuff. I tried treating a small spot last night that won't bust my balls too badly if it kills a tiny bit of the good stuff I want to keep
Eloise enjoying the clover.....

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts