Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts
Im wondering how they 100% knew that it was the zander?

Hmmm, maybe a new fad will catch on- bowfishing for walleye on Erie.

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,220 Posts
Last year, we happened to meet a fellow that owns a dive shop where a buddy goes. We had the owner tell our buddy that we were there buying gear and spearguns. We had our bud convinced we were spearfishing for walleye!!

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
QUOTE: "It is quite unusual for zanders to bite humans", Croci said, adding he suspected the fish was suffering from a hormonal imbalance which could be responsible for its aggression".

So now we have retarded fish? :D

·
Elroderator
477 Posts
How do they know they got the right fish???
Partially digested human flesh?

That would be the only way they could positively identify it.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
How do they know they got the right fish???
They had a eyewitness make a sketch! :D I personally think he was set up by a bass and was framed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It would be nice to get a few thousand of those rabid zanders for Alum Creek. Maybe they can be trained to eat water skiers and personal watercraft.

·
Banned
798 Posts
interesting fact. Zander was being served in Minnesota restaurants as Walleye back in 2004, till the FDA cracked down on the said restaurants. I guess they taste the same. I wouldn't mind some zander being stocked in ohio waters. lol

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
QUOTE: "It is quite unusual for zanders to bite humans", Croci said, adding he suspected the fish was suffering from a hormonal imbalance which could be responsible for its aggression".

So now we have retarded fish? :D
nah, that means it was a female, and it was that time o the month!!!!:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
zander is also served in alot of restaurants as perch cause the skin is very close. and this is around the cleveland area, most of the time it says lake perch not lake erie perch

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts
zander is also served in alot of restaurants as perch cause the skin is very close. and this is around the cleveland area, most of the time it says lake perch not lake erie perch

Really? You say they import Zanders from across the Atlantic instead of going 0.983749 miles to Erie to catch perch?

You must be eating at the wrong restaurants in Cleveland! :D

·
Banned
798 Posts
I seriously doubt this is true. It's a direct violation of FDA regulations. If it was true, all those resaurants would be fined and/or shut down. If you call fish Lake Perch, and it's infact Ocean Perch, that's a violation. They're pretty strict, I just don't see this flying under the radar.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Bring on the zander. Screw saugeyes.
I like that Idea, bringing in a non native species that is closely related probably would do less damage than stocking a hybrid that can backcross with either parent:D
plus they get bigger! what I am curious about is do all European fish bite, I say we train some wells to bite humans. that would handle the idiot problems on the lakes even faster!!!

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
I seriously doubt this is true. It's a direct violation of FDA regulations. If it was true, all those resaurants would be fined and/or shut down. If you call fish Lake Perch, and it's infact Ocean Perch, that's a violation. They're pretty strict, I just don't see this flying under the radar.
Happens ALL THE TIME in Florida,Minnesota, etc etc. It's impossible to distinguish one species from another based on taste, so the health department/FDA have to examine each specimen via DNA. Very time consuming and very costly $$$. Trust me, lots of restaurants get away with this scam.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets feed a chemicly imbalanced fish to people. Isn't that how mad cow disease got started?

·
Registered
128 Posts
zander is a lake perch not ocean, thats the point. and way cheaper than lake erie perch. been in enough kitchens all over cuyahoga county to see it alot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts