close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Killer Bass

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Daduru, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Mojo's FOH 22" LM, and 19", also caught a 17", and a few over 15.
    [​IMG] We caught this at another private quarry.

2. A 17" from Mojo.
    [​IMG]
    All C&R

3. Man, best bass of my life. I wish i brought my scale but i would guess 4.5 and mabye pushing 5#. I never fished for bass much but this summer its all i've really done. 3.5 smallie in my gallery (too bad its in michigan or would be another FOH) and now this, tough to beat this summer for bass at least.

4. Great catches guys, Hope to get a few this wknd at the new spot. Do you mind if I ask what tackle you were useing? and what type of rod-reel-line combo? I'm always lookin for insight. Plus I'm nosey too. :D :D

5. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Great looken fish. They all look really healthy! Good catch

6. we got a few on soft craws and crankbaits, but most actually came on gills hooked through the back. the lake is only stocked with gills and bass and most seemed uninterested in the artificials we were throwing. i had a 7 ft med action spinning rod with 8# line.

7. May I know where this place is? Thanks.

8. Thanks for the info I bet big minnows from Butch&Denny's would work great for you guys. Hopefully we can hook up and swap stories soon. GOOD LUCK THIS WKND TO EVERYBODY.

9. That is some nice bass. That 22 incher could be closer to 6 pounds if the body is bulky enough. I pulled in a 22 incher that was real bulky and it went 6.5 pounds. Congrats again!

10. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Nice fish Joe! gratz!
    now i know why u haven't wanted to venture to the portage river... lol

11. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Where you guys talking about ?

12. It was at a private quarry and the guy isn't too nice about letting lots of people on it. There really isn't much shoreline to hit it either. We just got lucky and got the bass as they were coming in shallow for the evening feast. I was thinking it might be pushing 6 but without a scale i wanted to be modest. Hey adam, let me know when you're free and i promise i'll get some time to head out your way. I start school the 23rd. Nice to see you back on the forums, you kinda when awol for a while.

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I guess it's eaisly a 6# or better. My brother caught one in CC that went 6# 9 oz and wasn't 22"...but it was in May '98 & full of eggs. Rule of thumb for LM bass, 18"=3#. 19"=4#, 20"=5#, 21"=6#, 22'=7# Of course girth & bulk will make a big difference on the longer fish, but it's a guideline.

14. irishfisherman

Do you have a photo posted of the Bass ur all talkin about ?

15. the first 3 posts on this thread post pictures. if you cant view them they are also in my gallery.

16. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Nice fish Guys!

17. irishfisherman

Hey man, just seen those pics....
    Pretty awesome catches

The water looks crystal clear too, must have been a blast to fish there, and be able to see the fish come at ya...

18. Good job those are nice fish. I got one at Table Rock lake just under 22 and it went 6'9". That was in November so it was probably stuffing itself for the winter.... ;)

19. Yeah, I saw my bass come out of nowhere and snatch my lure, it was breathtaking....