Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped our first line at 7:40 AM - Pulled the last line out of the water at 9:09 AM. 5 man ticket of Walleye, threw back a few white bass and a coule of drum, including the biggest one I have ever seen - I mean HUGE! Fishfinder looked like a commercial for fishfinders it was lit up so much.

Big Boards
1.7 - 1.8 mph on gps
36 fow starting around Lucy's Point aimed directly at Carpenter's point
40 Jets, 50 Feet back
Stingers in Pooh Bear Purple, Pooh Bear chartreuse, Mixed Veggies, and Jeager bomb

What an aaaaaaaaaaawesome morning!

Bobby

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly 2003 class, I would guess 18-20 inchers, with a couple 25 inchers and a coule 16 inchers in there, as well.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow, with 5 guys it must have been crazy in the back of your boat. Hellova catch! Which side of the island is that?

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Dropped our first line at 7:40 AM - Pulled the last line out of the water at 9:09 AM. 5 man ticket of Walleye, threw back a few white bass and a coule of drum, including the biggest one I have ever seen - I mean HUGE! Fishfinder looked like a commercial for fishfinders it was lit up so much.

Big Boards
1.7 - 1.8 mph on gps
36 fow starting around Lucy's Point aimed directly at Carpenter's point
40 Jets, 50 Feet back
Stingers in Pooh Bear Purple, Pooh Bear chartreuse, Mixed Veggies, and Jeager bomb

What an aaaaaaaaaaawesome morning!

Bobby
Firstly great job! I am a little confused though...If you started at Lucy's (Middle Bass), did you troll over to Kelly's on a straight line to Carpenter's Point (where is that?) or did you zig -zag in that general direction? Just trying to get a better idea of where you were and what line you trolled on. Thanks for any clarification you can offer!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fug,

we trolled maybe 2.5 to 3 miles from Lucy's Point toward Carpenter point. I am going by the Captain's comments not my own knowledge of the Lake. I fished that area with Kgone and Fishon, though, and they also referred to Carpenter's Point. Don't know if that helps. We actually started from the buoy and made our way E/SE if memory serves correct.

Lskater,

We were on the East side of the Island (Middle Bass) making our way towards Kelly's. Drift and Caster would have been happy with all the high activity on the fishfinder. And the back of the boat was wild. At one point we had 6 fish on but only five guys. It was the best fishing I've been a part of and an awful lot of fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts