Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Kayak is probably your best bet, I wouldn't put anything with a motor in there. The weeds are so think and usually grow up to less than a foot from the surface.
Don't know if I will try it but always good to have in the back pocket if wanting to try somewhere new

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know if I will try it but always good to have in the back pocket if wanting to try somewhere new
I highly suggest it, you'll be able to reach some places I can't from the bank. Plus the amazing wildlife you'll run into out there will blow your mind. Bald eagles, sandhill cranes and beavers all hang out in the swamp.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Them Bowfin are some of the meanest fish you can tie into. I catch them infrequently in Metzgers Marsh too. Nasty creatures.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't caught a bass in the marsh or the river. I have seen a few bass in the marsh tho. I know there are a few ditches along prairie lane outside of wooster that have produced 5lb+ bass.
I'm from the Wooster area. Never knew that the Marsh itself is fishable, what area of it is?

·
Off the beaten path
933 Posts
What is the best place to put in the marsh and/or creek. If putting in the creek can i paddle up and down

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts