Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught my first channel catfish tonight from Killbuck Creek near Shreve. I was using cut creek chubs fishing on the bottom. Weighed in at 4 pounds 13 ounces. What a fat belly. Released after the picture was taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice Cat. I am from the same area and haven't had any luck in the different parts of the creeks. Any suggestions on spots to fish? Ever do any good for pike? Everyone I run into says there are pike everywhere, but I can't seem to catch one. Anyways I'm always looking for suggestions in the Wooster/Shreve area so let me know if you have any. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was fishing at the bridge on Willow Rd. just north of Shreve. I hear there are some good pike around there, but I have never fished for them.

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
nice cat there..... the darkness of the picture makes you look like you just crawled out of a coal mine lol

·
Registered
694 Posts
im from orrville and i have caught pike in the killbuck on the bridge just south of the water treetment plant in wooster using bass busters and spinerbaits they are not usually that big tho 18-25 inches usually
i have never tryed cat fishing in the creek maby i will have to try that

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
are their any walleye in this lake i have heard their are but not meny any one have any luck with them if their are

·
Registered
694 Posts
are you talking about shreve lake WIWY and if so i have not hear of walleye in there but i dont know for sure i havent caught much except crappie catfish bluegill and bass

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Nice job on the cat. How long do u think it was?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts