close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kill Devil fishing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Elamenohpee, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

What kind of fish (if any) can someone expect to catch in the Kill Devil area, probably limited to surf fishing. Also I'm lookin for some to clean and fry for dinner one night. Any help out there?

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Tough spelling, but good fishing in Cur-a-tuk sound, nice place for Big Bass, might even get a few flounders. I assume your talking about Kill Devil Hills,NC.

3. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Yep, NC. is the place ;) Can you give me any clues as to the riggings and gear sizing. We have a place on the beach (sea side) and was hoping to cast a 3 oz. sinker with a squid for some marlin or soming like that :D :D :D

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Sorry, only been down there Bass fishing. Seen alot of people on the beach casting for blues. That's all I got for ya...

5. standard 2 hook bottom rig with squid, shrimp, bloodworm, or cutbait. probably catch croaker, spot, flounder, sea mullet, flounder, blue fish, puppy drum or any number of other things. dont waste your time in kill devil hills though, if you have 4x4 drive down to oregon inlet and out on the beach. fishing is alot better farther south of KDH. also if your rod will handle 3 oz. pick up some sting silvers and try casting for some spanish mackeral.