Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Economical Bass Fisherman
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, the Trout Derby that is held across from Waterworks was held today. My son (5 years old) caught the very first fish of the day (he missed every other one, but that is okay). It was a real joy watching him battle this Rainbow. Here is the pict of it. I think he is more proud of the silver dollar that he was given then the fish (what he is looking at in the picture)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Way to Go ! ! ! ! !

That's what it's all about.... I took the girls to the reservoir today for som gills...They had fun, so that means I had fun.

·
Fish to enjoy time with my boy.
376 Posts
He will always remember that Silver Dollar and the fish. My son won a tackle box at a fishing derby 3 years ago (he is 9 now) and he still talks about the fish and that tackle box everytime we go fishing.:)

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Nice pic coach . Looked like a good time
( For my son ) is right he will remember that silver dollar forever . Im in my 40's. I placed 3rd in a catfish tounry at canton city parks when i was 8 .Won a tackle box filled with lures and such. I still have the box and a few lures .Most of them ended up in trees and i mean UP IN TREES .When walking home my grandpa and i placed a penny on the railroad tracks . That penny goes fishing with me everytime i go out . All i can remember about the fishes is they had whiskers LOL Thanks grandpa for teaching me to fish

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was one of the Summit Sportsmans members there helping out. I remembered we all cheered one he got that fish in. We have been putting on that derby for over twenty some years now and it's allways been very much worth it. Glad your son had a good time.

Chris.

·
The Economical Bass Fisherman
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, I am going to try to head out to turtle pond this weekend with him also to see if he can catch another one or two.

He is still in that stage of fish for a minute play for ten, but as long as he goes out and has fun. that is the main thing.

Hey Cfish, when is the next meeting? I thought it was tonight, but when I called the PAC, they said it was tomorrow night. I joined back in April after to the meeting to pick up the rod/reel combo I won at the Sports Show. I can't go to June's meeting, because I am going to be in Canada so let me know if I missed it or not.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts