Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to take 6 boys between 13 and 15 years old to Lorain on Saturday. Four of them have never seen a walleye before. I will be there as early as I can get them in the van. Wish me luck as I will need it.

If anyone is able to help with the program that day it would be appreciated. I will call on 68. I do not need to load the boat, but I do need to get a fish pretty quickly to avoid mutany.

Thanks!!

Now for a tip: I saw a trick used by the striped bass fishermen to keep the net bag out of the way for less experienced netters. Hook a release to the net bag stretch the net and tape the release to the handle. This holds the bag out of the way but releases when a fish is netted. I have not had anyone catch the hooks on the outside of the net since I tried this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will start there. Plans changed though and I will not get out till afternoon.

I will let you know how we did.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Apparition.....you choose that name carefully?

Call me crazy, but I gotta ask.....have you been examined by a psychiatrist lately?

Hope you get on a bite fast, nobody falls overboard, and everyone has an excellent experience. One experienced adult aboard for every two kids could be helpful.

Best of luck.....be safe out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts