close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KID'S GAMES - 2007 Member Appreciation Outing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, May 30, 2007.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Let this thread float for now, I'll sticky it later.

At this point we can use another volunteer or two to help out with the Kid's Games this year.

We are looking to provide a fun time for the kids, without wearing out the adults. ;)

Additionally, anyone bringing kids along, please post here if they aren't specified in the main list. We would like a general headcount for planning purposes. Please tell us what ages as well. ;)

Thanks everyone, Rumi :B

2. Not bringing any kids but will bring something to keep them amused for at least a little while! Hopefully Wave's daughter and her friend will come this year,they're good with the kids.

3. I have girls ages 7 and 9. I have not asked Woody but he is great with kids so let me go ahead and volunteer me and him to help with the kids games. what time are the kids games?

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Connie, first of all, thanks for volunteering. Secondly, do you have any hula hoops?
    How about paintball guns? :D

Just kidding! :D

Depending upon the final number of kids, I think I may now have enough help.

The times and other details are still being worked on.

I'll post and pm everyone who is helping us out with this.

Thanks tons. :B

5. I am sorry that my family and I will not be there this year. I personally had a blast with th kids games and stuff. My boys are very disappointed that we can not go, but once we get to Nags Head for a week of fishing and 4x4ing, I hope they will forgive me.

Everyone be safe and pack warm- the temp really drops in the evenings and the mall is a 45minute drive if I remember correctly.

Be sure to have a worm eating contest- fried worms YUMMY! :p

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I'm sorry you'll miss it too kmb. Have a good vacation.;)

7. Jim,this is what that game looks like. Know the kids here and adults like it.[​IMG]

8. TheSonicMarauder

TheSonicMarauder Yes i slept on the couch

naaah Cornhole is hillbilly horseshoes....... hey thats a good idea.... go get some cornhole boards.... think toss a cross but with one hole in the center.... theres a little store in rootstown by the highschool that sells them.... i can check on the price and maybe pick some up if you want

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for the offer Sonic, but 'rex had already pmed me, this pic is just to let me see it. We don't really have money budgeted for new game equipment.

This game looks like it will be a lot of fun for the kids and will go along with everything else.

10. I don't have any hula hoops but I bet I can get some at the dollar store. I'll keep an eye out for some. how many are you needing?

11. If you need Cornhole boards let me know. I can go over to the shop and make a set in an hour or two. I made a set last year for a friend. I think I even have a friend who has the bean bags and they would let me borrow them.

12. I don't know what they call the game I have but fun. Wave has some cornhole boards made and may bring them. Think he uses washers to toss but maybe bean bags would be better for the small kids.

13. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I found what at least some people call it. ;) Check this out!
    It does look like fun.

[​IMG]

- they say its also called "Hillbilly Golf".

14. Just another possible game would be croquet if anyone has a set.

15. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

You're right, croquet is a fun game. I have a set, but I hesitate with this game, we wouldn't want anyone getting hit with a mallet. :eek:

16. Yea I thought of that too,guess it's back to the paintballs!

17. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Yep, paintballs at two paces! :D

Actually, to keep everyone as safe as possible, I've eliminated among other things, water-filled balloons(maybe too cold), still using balloons for other things though. ;)

Lynda and I were at two party stores, and three toy stores tonight on a recon mission picking up things. Things are coming together nicely. :D

18. Did you see any bean bags at any of those stores. Wave has the Texas horseshoes or whatever you call it but for the adults washers work but for younger folk bean bags would be safer. We'll look here and see if we can find some.

19. no water balloons? too cold? Must be colder where you are at lol! Been 90's down here in zanesville. Suppose to be cooler tomorrow. 70's. I plan on swimming when i come for the OGF outing. Then, again I can't take the heat. I like cold. Connie

20. it will be colder at skeeter than in zanesville...trust me!!!!:)