Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year after the Corona is hopefully gone I would like to put on one or a few fishing tournaments for kids to give out prizes and trophies, I want to try and get kids involved more in fishing, they are the future of this sport. who would I go about getting this approved? Any tips or ideas appreciated

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Contact Berkley Fishing Team of Ohio in Canton. They hold like 10 fishing derbies a year so they could probably help you with all kinds of info.

Reactions: cane pole

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Call your local sportsman clubs, they will happily donate. You can try ODNR they have always been good but i think that has changed or will change this year

Whats your location and plan for this ?

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in Athens Co. real close to Burr Oak. I thought about doing 4 seperate catigories, biggest Bass, Catfish, Bluegill and Crappie and doing prizes for top 3 iin each catigory or first place in each but doing age groups. i have intrest from local bait shop in my town to help out

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Riverwader, call down to The Division of wildlife district 4 office and ask for the education officer. I think they would be willing to help out. The more organized you can show you are the more likely you'll get help. They might be able to coordinate the event with a trout stocking, it's been done before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts