close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kids Fishing Poles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by olwhitee, Apr 26, 2005.

1. I just read an article in the recent Field and Stream about them taking a Barbie pole out bass fishing and then out saltwater fishing. They were surprised by how well it did.
    It made me laugh because I have taken my daughter out with her Sponge Bob Square Pants pole and have seen her catch some pretty big fish with it. I just thought I was one of the few who knew this "Barbie Pole" secret.....lol

2. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

My son has a tigger pole...that thing will cast as far as my open face i was suprised

3. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I saw the article too. Kinda reminded me of when some nuts ( :rolleyes: ) from this site did a "Snoopy pole" thing for steelhead in the Grand River.

4. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

I used my son's Snoopy pole as I was showing him how to cast it, and caught a 2 1/2 lber using it. Surprisingly casts smoothly for what it is!

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I must have bad lcuk, becasue my 6 year old has went through a dozen of those kind of combos, finally bought him a closed face ugle stick combo & its held up better than the 12 "kid poles" combined.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I read that same article and I laughed the whole way through. I always used the old push-button zebcos. They were bullet proof, well almost.

A guy we go on fishing charters with catches walleye, perch, sheephead and even bass on those things. Even when we aren't on our $150 outfits. Amazing.

7. My daughter caught a 45# shovelhead using a Hot Pink zeb 202..