close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kids 1st fishing trip!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by twistertail, Jun 7, 2007.

1. My little girl is 2.5 and I took her fishing last night for the first time. I have taken her over to Deer Creek lots of timeS to throw rocks and walk along the creek but this was the first time we took the poles. It was great! I hooked a small rockbass, or rocket bass as she calls them, and let her reel it in. She touched it and even held by its mouth and tossed it back, didnt bother her a bit to get a little dirty and slimy. I also caught a nice fat 17" smallie and I said wow look how big this one is, Ashley said "its kinda small daddy"! We saw a beaver swim about 10 feet in front of us and watched him swim all the way up the creek, he was on his way home Ashley informed me. It was a great trip for her first time and she is HOOKED!

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

cool. glad to see ya getting kids into fishing. and a 17inch Smallie small lol, got alot to learn. glad she had fun.

3. That's Great! Sounds like you and your daughter had a great time! I have a 3 month old girl and can't wait to get her out on her fist fishing trip!

4. I was prett darn happy with the samllie, hardly ever catch them that big our of Deer Creek but she was more impressed the the "rocket bass"
    I have been taking her over there since she was about 6 months old and she loves being outside and walking throught the "jungle".

5. Congrats on the first fishing trip. You better cherish these memories because before too long she'll have a cell phone glued to the side of her head and she'll be talking about that cute guy in math class. ;) :D I can't wait for my own so I can spoil them with the great outdoors.

6. She is a lot of fun. Going to take her out in the canoe this weekend!

7. That should be fun. Don't forget her lifejacket. Rick had to get on someone Saturday at Hoover for not having a jacket on his kid. :mad: Hopefully she is enjoying the time as much as you are.

8. got her Barbie life jacket all set to go!;)

9. Sounds cool!

Some of the best memories are those weekly Saturday fishing trips with pops. Didn't matter what was caught or even anything, it was just hours of the best stuff possible.