Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 ranger 620vs with 225 optimax...I’m planning on adding a kicker. Looking for best bracket/jack plate to use. Post a photos if you have one.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Panther kicker bracket from marine tech I'm pretty sure. Dont know where your located but I got mine threw Knox Marine. Different brackets for different applications. Power trim an stuff.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I’m gonna be buying the kicker first hoping to find a deal on a used motor with electric start, power trim and controls...my Yamaha kicker went with the boat I sold.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so this is what I found at R&R...part number is RRD1020->$165 plus shipping so that’s not too bad. If anyone did the install themselves what length fastener did you use? I’m assuming through bolted is the way to go and it will be a pain to access from the inside.

Attachments

·
Catcher of big fish
626 Posts
Ok so this is what I found at R&R...part number is RRD1020->$165 plus shipping so that’s not too bad. If anyone did the install themselves what length fastener did you use? I’m assuming through bolted is the way to go and it will be a pain to access from the inside.
It must be thru bolted if you want to keep your kicker.

·
fishing fool
370 Posts
Don't know where you're located but I took my Ranger and Yamaha 9.9 to Vic's in Kent. I had a long drive so I made an appointment and they mounted it while I had lunch - took them about an hour. They used a Ranger mounting bracket and connected the electric and fuel lines. I have a ladder on the port side so they mounted it on the starboard side rather than move the ladder. Very clean job done right by guys who do a lot of these. Money well spent.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha I’m way too cheap to pay someone to do this for me. Of course I’m going to thru bolt the bracket. I have mounted a couple kickers on other boats I was mainly looking for the correct bolt length. I will just get some 4 inchers and cut them down if I need to.

thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was a pretty easy 1 man install...there were aluminum plates glassed into the hull (shown in photo) and easy access from hatch.

Tools needed: a drill, a 3/4” socket wrench, 3/4 inch standard wrench,
Materials needed:
(4) 1/2”-13x3” Stainless hex bolts, (4) fender washers, 4 locknuts, and some 3M 5200

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts