Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a boat that has a 9.9 kicker. The exsisting mount is am aluminum garelick kicker bracket. Seems to have alot of play or bounce in it. I have tighten bolts a little and has take some of the slop out. I see some of that bolt hole are wore or oblong. Do they all bounce some? Should I be buying a new bracket? What is the difference between kicker brackets and jack plates? It looks like a jack plate does not lift motor much.:T

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
http://bobsmachine.com/Products/jackplate_kicker.cfm

Once you own one you wont be sorry...The price stinks though....

Garelik brackets work but they eventually get kinda beat and sloppy as you use them...

I installed one of these brackets on my Sportcraft and you can do chinups on it....

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Like buying 3 garelick brackets...but will probaly outlast all of them...all aluminum and power up and down...Its very nice....

·
Registered
256 Posts
I spent close to $400. for the bracket i got.Seeing this one and knowing problems with the one I got.I would of spent the extra $$.I know A lot of saltwater guys that use Bob's Jackplates.This is very high quality and as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spent close to $400. for the bracket i got.Seeing this one and knowing problems with the one I got.I would of spent the extra $$.I know A lot of saltwater guys that use Bob's Jackplates.This is very high quality and as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
What kind do you have? What problems do you have with yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts