close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

kicker motor Question

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Snackmans Dad, Jul 7, 2007.

1. I am looking for ideas for installing a kicker trolling motor. I have a 21ft 4-winns, I have to mount it to a swim platform. Some questions I have are 1)What size motor and make? 2) If I get a four stroke can I T into my exsisting fuel supply? 3) Do I need to tie the motor to my outdrive for steering or can I just steer with outdrive only. 4) Do you have to lift the kicker out of the water when not in use, like when making a run or drifting? For inital set up I am considering overhauling a 9.9 E-Rude:T

2. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

1)What size motor and make?
    I have a 15hp Yamaha. Moves my 21' trophy fine. A 9.9 would work great also.

2) If I get a four stroke can I T into my existing fuel supply?
    Only if your main motor is a four stroke or if it is oil injected. If you hook it up to a 2 stroke with oil in the gas you will foul out plugs left and right

3) Do I need to tie the motor to my outdrive for steering or can I just steer with outdrive only.
    Either or. I can lock my kicker in place and use the main as a rudder. If it is a little ruff it can be a challenge sometimes.

4) Do you have to lift the kicker out of the water when not in use, like when making a run or drifting
    Running - If you don't, it will slow you down. Drifting - shouldn't matter.