Kicker Motor Mount

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Breakaway, Feb 23, 2008.

1. I'm looking for a mounting bracket to mount a 9.9 merc. bigfoot. It weighs about 106 pounds. I want to put it on a swim platform. I've seen one made by garelick but it is only good for two stroke motors and for 75 pounds only. I thought about getting the garelick and modify it with more support, but would rather buy one that is sure to work.(hate to lose my motor:mad: )
    Any help?

Rex

2. I believe garelick also makes one out of stainless steel that is rated for 20 hp.

It also has springs to assist in lifting.

3. Thanks for the reply Het. I saw the one you mentioned but I need one thats stationary because of the platform. I emailed Garelick for more information on them, I'll have to wait and see what they come back with. I may have to design my own and make a fortune selling them :)

Thanks for your input.

4. K-Gone has a stationary kicker bracket on his boat. I've heard him call it a static plate. I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Shoot him a pm.

5. breakaway, I would like to put a kicker motor on my boat, I have a swiming plate form also do you have a site or number were i could find a bracket for mounting a kick motor

6. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

7. I've been doing some research on the subject myself. Panther has a variety of mounts, and after talking to several tech's just today ,they all tell me that the panther is a stronger mount than garelick. I'm leaning towards the 435 mount with the t-4 electrosteer with the wireless remote.

http://www.marinetech.info/pmarine/pmarine_detail.php?sku=550102

8. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Steve I had the older style Electrosteer on my old Ranger, it was very nice to troll with, the best part about it is you can sit in the back of the boat facing back and have the net in your hand then put the controller in your pocket, if you get a hog that goes under the boat just pull it out and swing the boat so the fish can be netted, that little gadget works wonders you will really enjoy having it. I didn't have wireless which made for some tripping in the back of my boat at night but we worked through it and tried to keep it out of the way. Good luck with the new set up.

9. Well so far no luck in finding a bracket. I emailed panther i'll see what they say. I may remove the platform or make my own, the price of alumimum is crazy. Weekend Warrier I sent you a pm i hope it helps you.

Thanks for all of your help guys, the search goes on.