close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kicker motor installation

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by island troller, May 16, 2008.

1. I am attempting to install a kicker motor on my 1800 Lund. I have a 150 Yamaha 2 cycle motor and will be intalling a 4 cycle yamaha 9.9 kicker. The kicker has electric start and throttle control also. I would appreciate any help or hints on the installation. I have checked on the connecting rod between the motors for steering and have found 2 prices around 300.00 & 350.00 for the 24" long rod. Is this correct or are they selling me the wrong thing. I find this hard to believe it would be this much.

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

An EZ-steer runs right around that price. There's others out there and they are comparably priced about the same. So yes...that's a legit cost unless you can find one that's used and also compatible with your setup.

3. Thanks for the response. It just amazed me that it would be that much so I wanted to see if anyone could verify that. Also any other hints on this installation would be appreciated. I have always trolled with the big outboard but I complained when gas hit $2.00, WOW has things change since then. Can"t wait untill it hits $5.00. But seriously, throw me some pointers on this hook up, 2 cycle outboard and a 4 cycle kicker. Also the mounting of the kicker on the boat.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

This is all you need to run outboard to outboard. The EZ Steer is more of a IO to outboard application, or if your kicker is mounted on a garelick type bracket. Mount the kicker directly to the transom, whenever you can.

There are nicer models than this one, but this is the price range you should find them in. Save the rest and get a Troll Master.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...de+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=connector+rod&noImage=0

5. Het,Thanks for the help. I thought the two places I went to in Port Clinton were trying to sell me something that I did not need and one was even a Yamaha dealer. I even told them it was for a outboard to outboard hook up. Your example is the price range I was expecting but I was not sure until now.

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

It took ya long enough to help this guy...! Glad to see you're still earning your AOY status...! :D

7. just installed 9.9 yam on my 1800 lund might be able to give some advise mine was ele with remote and cmc with 35.00 steering bar if you want to call me pm me number

8. Gander Mountain has one for around $25. It worked fine for connection my 2 motors together