Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to kentucky Lake tomorrow until Wednesday for a Crappie Fishing trip.... I've never been there before and was wondering if anyone else has or any tips you might have if you have been there..... Also curious if there's anywhere online I can find a good map of the lake.... Thanks!

·
Catch Photo And Release
2,172 Posts
Make sure you get a map. Any bait store will have them down there. Make sure you stay in the channels when moving around from spot to spot. The lake can get shallow real fast in places. Have a safe trip, i hear there is big crappie. All yea, there are tons of stakebeds in the coves that im sure will hold lots of crappie. They are easy to find, most stick out of the water but the good ones are probably underwater. Watch your graph i saw a lot in 10 to 15 feet of water along the banks.

·
river & muskie angler, dayhiker
769 Posts
was there a week ago. we fished the paris landing tenn area. we fished the big sandy area. we fished the power lines and mansard island area. fish were in 3 to 13 ft of water. we spider rigged useing crappie tubes. the hot colors for us was red road runners with red and chart tubes. we also used crappies nibbles. here is a pic of our almost a 3 man limit of 81 crappies.

Attachments

·
Seasoned Member
64 Posts
I was there 3/24-3/26. Beware that Kentucky Lake (and Barkley) have been drawn down about three feet. That makes it great for finding brush piles and stump fields but I hit a few things with the trolling motor. The low water seemed to push the fish back off the bank two out of three days at Jonathan Creek.

The hot colors seem to be pink/white jig head with chart twister tail, red/chart twister tail, or pure chart. We caught some nice fish but none of the slabs that they brag about. Unless you want to count a 12" red ear!

Have fun and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The ospreys are nesting so there is a lot of entertainment there. Good luck.

Rick

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I'm leaving in the morning for Ky Lake myself. I'm tent camping at Hillman Ferry til next Saturday. It's going to be a little frosty but warmong to the end of the week. We're fishing the more northern bays and plan on moving around til we find fish. Cold front probably moved the fish a little deeper, but will chech shallows too. Where ya staying? Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts