close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kentucky Lake

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Fletch, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Does anyone fish at Cumberland lake? I used to fish there when I was a kid on vacation with my parents. We used to do pretty well.
    I know they have some huge stripers but I'm more interested in Largemouth, Smallmouth and crappies, thanks!

2. I went for the first time last year. And we slayed 'em. What a neat place.

A study of crappie was conducted over the last few years to respond to a decline in crappie catches. The study showed that there has been a changeover in ratios between white and black crappie. But that populations are as healthy as ever. Just harder to catch than they used to be. Seems that they have smartened up, or maybe the smart fisherman died off.

I imagine that the bass fishing is awesome.

I have a guided crappie trip planned for 1st week of April with Hook, Line and Sinker Guide Service. I'll post the results.

I have some in-laws that have been going to Kenlake for many years. They wait for last week of April, because the water level is usually stabilized by then. They used to go in early April, but they got tired of lake level changes effecting the fishing. For me, April fools day is the target. I want to learn how to play those lake levels from the guide service.

3. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Tells ya how scatter brained I am from being cooped up this winter. I meant to ask if anyone fished Cumberland Lake instead of Kentucky Lake. I've fished KY lake several times and there are some really nice crappie in there. Most I've seen were caught off of stake beds and man made cover.

I used to fish at Cumberland when I was a kid and it was a lot of fun. We always stayed around the "fishing Creek" area outside of Somerset. I've never been on any other part of the lake.
    Thanks!