Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down that way towards the end of April/Early May, Never fished there before, planning on putting in at Leatherwood Marina/Docks. Family has some land down there and going down for a visit. Looking for any info baits/spots....anything.... Thanks in advance!

J

·
sparkman
128 Posts
We are heading to KY Lake the first part of May. This will be our 5th trip and all have been good, some a little better. We fish in the Aurora area. LM,SM and Spots. The fish location varys from year to year. On 2006 most of the fish came off steep banks on main and secondary points. Other years have they have been back in the brush so you will just need to figure out where they are. The early warm weather had them ahead of schedule but maybe this cold snap will slow them down. Good Luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The cold front sure did shut them down. We fished sunday and monday and only caught 4 keeper crappie. We fished in Jonathan Creek both days. We were marking fish everywhere but they we not biting. No one else doing any good either. We were told they were killing them the last two weeks. The water was around 58. Good luck hope you do well!

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
The cold front sure did shut them down. We fished sunday and monday and only caught 4 keeper crappie. We fished in Jonathan Creek both days. We were marking fish everywhere but they we not biting. No one else doing any good either. We were told they were killing them the last two weeks. The water was around 58. Good luck hope you do well!
Hold on there partner..:p I know one boat who did alright this week. I was at Ledbetter bay fishing in 27 ft of water. I caught 6 that went 2lb and better and topped my personal best this year. 3lb 2oz white female crappie. I posted pics in the other Ky Lake thread so i wont post them here too. Used minnows a foot off bottom, drifting and slow trolling over the deep brush. Me and T.O. caught 23 on tuesday and almost all were a pound or more. We found them on monday evening. Got 18 keepers that day between us. Went back tuesday and slammed them. Couldn't fish the same area again because the 30 mph wind on wednesday and 25 on thursday wouldnt let us. Tried shallow on saturday and sunday with limited success. Only 12 keepers those 2 days. Not a bad trip this year but sure wish i could have fished wednesday and thursday.:( Oh yeah, also was throwing an eighth oz plain head, with a red/ chartreuse tube jig, filled with crappie nibbles in the deep water and counting down 15 and put fish in the livewell too. Good luck when you go. ( anybody need a guide ):D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are heading down the weekend of May 19, so hopefully weather will be halfway nice and the fish will be biting. Any bass info available as well as crappie would be greatly appreciated. We will be camping about 10+ miles south of dover off of leatherwood road, family has about 60 acres down there that we havn't been to in years, should be interesting!

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts