close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kentucky Lake - Jonathon Creek area

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by chaunc, Apr 13, 2004.

1. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Fished this area the last week of march and had a great time. First three days the weather was 80, 82, 74. After that it struggled to get to 60 the next 4 days. Still caught over 200 crappies, gills, perch, and bass, between 3 of us. Took home lots of big crappie fillets. Fished in 3 to 9 ft water, with jigs and minnows. Find a brushpile and work it over good. The fish should be spawning now as they were full of almost ripe eggs when we were there. We got 22 crappies between us that weighed 2lbs each and lots more were over a lb. If you like getting away to fish for a week or so, this is a great lake to visit. I've been going there every spring for 18 straight years now and i'm going back in may to fish for those 1 1/2lb shellcrackers. I dont know how to post pics but if you want to see what i'm talking about, send me your email and i'll send you the pics. Smitty

2. My neighbor moved to KY last summer and is about 20 minutes from KY lake. I'm going to go down over the summer and do some fishing with him. Send me some pics if you get a chance shegarty@andersonconcrete.com

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

that sounds like a great time wishn i could go with someone who knows the lake.
    bttmline

4. chaunc. you are right about that area. I've fished that same area for 5 years and and have brought home many a nice bag of crappie fillets. we always stayed at cozy cove resort and fished alot of the bays on the LBTL side and jonathon bay great place.