Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OGF Birchbass Champ!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple hours free Monday afternoon and headed out to Kendall Lake. I used small beetlespins with white grub and senkos. I was guessing my luck would be with the beetlespin catching crappie. Turned out the bass had moved up in the shallows. I'm guessing the sun brought them up. Caught an 11 inch lmb with the beetlespin, and a :B 17 inch LM on the senko. Couldn't find the crappie. Saw some other LMB but they could see me and kept thier mouth shut...:mad: Looks like the pond is recovering nicely from when it got washed out a couple years back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That can be a very, very good crappie lake. I fished it many times and am embarrassed/ashamed to tell this story but it will give you a good idea of how good of a lake it can be. The first time my friend and I fished there (3 years ago) we had no idea that minnows were prohibited. The 2 of us (in a small boat) caught well over 100 crappie between us. Many were over 12 inches and the biggest was 16 1/4 inches. Thank God we only kept enough for a fish fry. I still feel bad about it to this day but that lake is loaded with big crappie.

·
OGF Birchbass Champ!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I suppose using minnows in Kendall would be cheating :D, but very very very fun!

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is my new favorite lake in the area!! The first two times I went I caught a few LMB on wild eye swim shads, but have been skunked the last two times I fished there.
I do have senkos, but not sure how to fish them as I have never used them before. Any suggestions?? Also, where did you fish at?? I caught mine by the mouth of the south eastern bay across the other side of the lake from the dam. What shallows were you fishing?? Just could use some help!!! thanks!! :S

·
OGF Birchbass Champ!!!
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a link to a thread on how to fish Senko's. If it doesn't overload you with information nothing will... LOL ;)

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=43609

The bass tend to move on me... Normally I find them along the shore opposite the parking lot, in the middle of the pond (when I fish with cheesehead) or along the dam. So yesterday was a little odd, but that may be because the weeds haven't filled up the shoreline yet. Yesterday they were cruising the shore in front of the shelter.

·
disMembered
56 Posts
Try rigging the Senkos weightless, either Texas-style, or wacky-rigged. When wacky-rigging Senko-style baits, many people will slip a tight-fitting o-ring, or split ring of about 1/4" diameter up to the middle of the bait, and then slip the hook under the ring (but not into the worm). This helps keep the bait from tearing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Went to Kendall on friday with only one fish caught. Was caught on a fluke. since I wasnt doing too good there me and the girlfriend went up to Indigo. Caught about ten bass on the same fluke and she caught her first bass....First ever fish on somethign other then live bait. and it was bigger then all mine at that lake so she liked rubbing it in my face. fun afternoon.:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
went back again tonight (5/9) and tried the senkos for a while and didnt work. I figured maybe the 5" ones were too long so i took 1/2" off each end and it was like turning a switch on. The very next cast I got a 12" LMB and caught another one a few min later. A guy out on the point by the sand bar caught a nice big LMB!!! looked pretty big from on the other side of the bay. I also caught one a little while later on a jitter bug I SLOWLY brought back in. That one was only abut 8"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts