close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kendall Lake 6/12

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JakeFr5150, Jun 13, 2004.

1. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

Went over to Virginia Kendall @ CVNP for about the first real chance this year to tune up my fly casting. Man was I a little rusty....Anyway, the day started out not looking so great like it might rain any minute. Ended up being a nice day with some decent fish action. Caught 3 Largemouths (10-15") and about 10 'Gills (most 5-7") on the 4 wt. All caught on foam hoppers or streamer flies of my own creation. The largemouths were pretty lazy - fought about as much as a wet towel. They just kinda made a big splash for my flies and went to the bottom an sat there. Only way I knew they were hooked was that I lifted the rod tip and felt the weight. Not always easy to pull dead weight through the water. Nice day anyway though. Looked like a few other guys across the lake were catching decent sized LM's on what looked like creeper/crawler type lures, maybe buzzbaits. Hope to get out again this week. The ground around the lake was still very soggy/muddy.

Jake

2. Jake,

Were you fly fishing from shore? Or did you boat/wade in the lake?

Thanks,
    DDay